Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Armstrong County)

Default Re: I'm bored: What firearm should I build?

Who is selling vz 58 receivers now?
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    Phased Plasma Rifle. I prefer the 9 watt range, but many prefer 40. It's a big controversy.
    I clicked on this thread just to see who or how many people made this comment. Your adaptation made it even better BRAVO!
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Build an AK.
    They are not super hard. Getting a populated and head spaced barrel saves you some work, esp if you do not have the equipment.
    You will still need to press out the barrel to get to the rivets in the front trunion at the chamber area though.
    Dont skip out and use the barrel as a bucking bar. You do not get a good rivet set.

You can get replacement rivet jaws for large bolt cutters. No need to buy the bigger rivet jigs to use a shop press.

Arms of America has about the best deals and options going for the the "half way" builds.
    If you have a solid drill press or mill, get a normal kit and build from there.
    I've thought about this. This is probably the top of my list at this point. I thought about an HK but the tooling is rather cost prohibitive.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Montgomery County)

Do you have a decent welder? If yes, consider building an Uzi from a parts kit and "repair channel". More work than an AK, but my favorite build thus far. Somewhat unrelated, where can i get a glock 17 parts kit that doesnt cost as much as a new glock? I've had a Polymer 80 kit for over a year waiting to be machined.....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Do you have a decent welder? If yes, consider building an Uzi from a parts kit and "repair channel". More work than an AK, but my favorite build thus far. Somewhat unrelated, where can i get a glock 17 parts kit that doesnt cost as much as a new glock? I've had a Polymer 80 kit for over a year waiting to be machined.....
    You don't build a poly80 to save money, you build it to get a glock with features you wouldn't otherwise for the same money. Example: mine has the brownells RMR slide, threaded barrel, etc. All for about the cost of a plain jane glock 19.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    I've thought about this. This is probably the top of my list at this point. I thought about an HK but the tooling is rather cost prohibitive.
    Yes, the HK tooling is not cheap. Im building #3 and #4 this winter. I want more...but I also feel the need to justify the tooling i bought hahaha
    Kind of like buying a few parts that equal $30 but you get free shipping if spend more than $50 and you toss in a tshirt or a hat you dont need...but its a whole lot more expensive with the HKs.
    So the solution is to make more HK tacos from flats.

The Uzi is not a bad idea either.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Monroe County)

Lego
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    You don't build a poly80 to save money, you build it to get a glock with features you wouldn't otherwise for the same money.
    Maybe thats your reason, but not mine. Think about the primary benefit of any home built firearm......

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Maybe thats your reason, but not mine. Think about the primary benefit of any home built firearm......
    I thought that was the only reason...other than the "experience" of doing it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I clicked on this thread just to see who or how many people made this comment. Your adaptation made it even better BRAVO!
    Thanks. Well I didn't want to mention 45 watts and really open up a can of worms!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast