https://www.igunshows.com/Tri-County-York-Gun-Show

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Tri-County York Gun Show - Dec 22nd & 23rd, 2018

did anyone go today? what good stuff was there? im gonna head out tomorrow

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    did anyone go today? what good stuff was there? im gonna head out tomorrow
    Also want to know what good stuff was there. Going tomorrow haven't been to the york show in the last 2 years.

(Bucks County)

lot of the same old crap you see at every show , did see a 1923 finn captured mosin m91 dragoon that had the winter war 41 stamp on it for 675 and a tula m38 refurb , got there at 930 and was almost no people walking thru so it was easy to walk by the numerous flea market tables of gloves, socks, jewelry, pickles and chinese tools . there were 2 tables collecting for the NRA, as i walked by, one of them said to me " can you donate a dollar to protect your gun rights? ,to which i replied " you fukers gave away some of our rights over a year ago when you capitulated about bump stocks without a fight", he started saying " but but" and i said "at least the FOA has a spine and had already filed a lawsuit against it, what have you spineless bastards done?", he just looked at me like a deer in the headlights, the vender at the next table just laughed and i said to him, "its true isnt it?", he just said "your right". i dont own one or saw a need to, but banning a "accessory" just opens pandoras box for the next "ban" by the "antifacrats"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    lot of the same old crap you see at every show , did see a 1923 finn captured mosin m91 dragoon that had the winter war 41 stamp on it for 675 and a tula m38 refurb , got there at 930 and was almost no people walking thru so it was easy to walk by the numerous flea market tables of gloves, socks, jewelry, pickles and chinese tools . there were 2 tables collecting for the NRA, as i walked by, one of them said to me " can you donate a dollar to protect your gun rights? ,to which i replied " you fukers gave away some of our rights over a year ago when you capitulated about bump stocks without a fight", he started saying " but but" and i said "at least the FOA has a spine and had already filed a lawsuit against it, what have you spineless bastards done?", he just looked at me like a deer in the headlights, the vender at the next table just laughed and i said to him, "its true isnt it?", he just said "your right". i dont own one or saw a need to, but banning a "accessory" just opens pandoras box for the next "ban" by the "antifacrats"
    -
    Respectfully.
    Your anger is justified and I agree with the premise of your statements, but the ultimate result of your delivery is counterproductive to our 2A fight.

I feel the same as you do, and I donate the vast majority of my 2A contributions to the GOA.
    But the NRA is still the largest and most powerful 2A organization in the country, and abandoning it wholesale harms our cause.
    Better to work on changing the NRA from within as opposed to destroying the NRA from without.

Ranting to the gun show volunteer at the NRA table will not get the attention of the NRA leadership.
    Your statements only discourage the NRA volunteers from their 2A activism, and discourage other gun show attendees from joining the NRA.
    Neither result helps our 2A fight.

Please continue to support the GOA, but please also help our larger 2A fight by not discouraging NRA activism and support.
    Better to voice our anger directly and effectively from within the NRA, and help redirect the NRA back to its core mission of defending the 2A on all fronts.
    Bern-
    -
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?