Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    It's going to be like 35-40 degrees out if we're lucky. I'm not wearing a suit and freezing my dick off just to give off a professional appearance.
    Currently; AccuWeather is reporting 55 and mild for Monday; and rain moving in Tuesday.
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pi...-forecast/1310

I'm just pointing out the possibility of warm weather; and not that I or anyone needs to wear a suit.
    --ET

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    It's going to be like 35-40 degrees out if we're lucky. I'm not wearing a suit and freezing my dick off just to give off a professional appearance.

I really wish you would reconsider.
    Dressing nicely and hiding your guns is
    the only way the rabid left will believe that we are open to having a "discussion".

You know, like this one...

(Pike County)

So I was talking on the Facebook event page and I got a copy and paste job from a FOAC member who says I can be arrested for open carry during this event.

Let me be clear, it is EVERYONE’s RIGHT to carry ‘but’ the long gun issue is one of legality under the ‘Emergency Declaration’ by Wolf over Opiods. Because of this declaration the carrying, possession, transportation of long guns is prohibited by Section 6107.

No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive

The ONLY exception to the law from that section is below:

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

As an organization, we CANNOT encourage civil disobedience without legally being responsible for those who do it. IF the City of Pittsburgh chooses enforce Section 6107 those carrying long guns (loaded or unloaded is immaterial) could find themselves arrested and facing a Misdemeanor 1 criminal charge.

A LTCF does NOT protect ‘anyone’ carrying a LONG GUN.

In addition, prior posters about this rally have talked about open confrontation with police and carrying loaded long guns. I/we have seen this before in rallies we have organized. I personally have faced unsafe and dangerous acts by gun owners acting irresponsibly with firearms, have had them pointed at me inadvertently with NO concern about the consequences. This has happened EACH 2nd Amendment Rally in Harrisburg which ‘FOAC’ was the organizer of for the last 13 years.

Here’s the risk, someone does something stupid, points a gun at a police officer, has an accidental discharge – they are going to jail for up to 5 years. Who defends them? What overall impact does this have on the preemption debate in the courts AND in the PA Legislature?

We have defended the Right To Bear Arms from all comers the last 25+ years when very FEW if ANY of these Pittsburgh Rally participants were around to help or even made a phone call to help. Attendees need to be cognizant of the media and political bias they are facing and be strategic and professional in their demeanor because just one stupid act will be used against all of us now and throughout the legislative cycle.

Please do not repeat what you have ‘heard’ about our position in the future but just ASK. That is the respectful and responsible way to treat those who have fought for rights, yours and ours, when NO ONE else has been around or stepped up to join with us.
    Best Kim Stolfer, President FOAC
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Allegheny County)

Yes he responded with similar info to me today - I don’t recall reading about this possibility of arrest and misdemeanor charge (re open carrying a long gun during sao) and everyone should be aware of this and make their decisions accordingly.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Yes he responded with similar info to me today - I don’t recall reading about this possibility of arrest and misdemeanor charge (re open carrying a long gun during sao) and everyone should be aware of this and make their decisions accordingly.
    The problem is he's making it sound like it's illegal period, saying it's a form is civil disobedience. I don't like being misinformed and I don't like people driving wedges into this movement because open carry hurts their "feels".
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I for one wouldn't mind hearing the opinion from some of the reputable attorneys on this. After all we do live in a state that doesn't consider it's citizens as "persons"...

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post

Listen up, fudds, this mentality is old. You all pat yourselves on the back for the Harrisburg rally where everyone is disarmed. YOU are the hopolophobes. You are afraid of the very group that you claim to represent. I guarantee theses are the same people responsible for "1 rounds in a magazine" at the PA Fudd clubs too.

This scaredy cat mentality has only hardened my resolve and desire to start a PA organization that isn't afraid of the People bearing arms.

This unconstitutional city ordinance specifically banning the scary black tool is the exact reason to open carry them. Trying to eliminate a subset of firearms will lead to elimination of all firearms plain and simple. It's extremely sad to hear from FUDDs on this and other topics that I've recently read about.

From the Fight Club book by Chuck Palahniuk

“Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life. ..... "

(Clinton County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Ah yes, more anti gun drama to keep things spicy. And coming from a supposedly pro gun org at that! Don't worry fudds, my rifle identifies as a pistol but I'm thinking about switching to something more "scary".

JFC...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

They will not soften my resolve. I may just carry two rifles now.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    They will not soften my resolve. I may just carry two rifles now.
    Cross body belts Animal Mother style.

animal-mother.jpg

Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast