Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Knock off the damn attacks....

I offered to give up no one's rights. I stated a simple fact. I know people who would be willing to give up bump stocks but even they wouldn't because it wouldn't end there.

That is simple and freakin' factual.
    No worries, we clarified with the publication that the rally organizers aren't willing to accept any of the proposals.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I agree, which is why I didn't ask him in an accusatory manner. I just asked, "I read this in local media, and was hoping you could clarify those comments."
    Good. I appreciate them coming here, and I don't think we should be feuding with them, but we should at least ask them politely not to go along to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Good. I appreciate them coming here, and I don't think we should be feuding with them, but we should at least ask them politely not to go along to get along.
    Yeah, if asked "is there anything gun people would support," the answer should be NO, IMO, not "well maybe some...,"

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Hahahha the Incline updated it!!
    Great job Justin! Must spread rep...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

Look up "Mt. Oliver" in regards to it's geographical location.
    Most think it's a section of Pittsburgh, when in fact, it is independent of Pittsburgh, yet fully, 200% surrounded by the city of Pittsburgh.

Imagine living there and becoming a criminal by driving (with a gun) in any direction more than a mile from your home just because what you legally own is banned by the city.

(Lehigh County)

Yeah, if asked "is there anything gun people would support," the answer should be NO, IMO, not "well maybe some...,"
    When asked if there is anything gun people would support, the answer should be 'we would support the Hearing Protection Act, and the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    When asked if there is anything gun people would support, the answer should be 'we would support the Hearing Protection Act, and the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.
    Yeah, even better!

I wrote to the author of the article, because I simply don't understand why he's talking to someone from the other side of the state and not locally. Here's what I sent, including stuff from EM and Jen,

Mr. Deppen,

My name is Justin and I'm one of the organizers for the rally on 1.7.19. I read your piece on the Incline,

https://theincline.com/2019/01/05/wh...wn-pittsburgh/

and I want to thank you for being pretty matter of fact about the situation. However, I am concerned about some of the comments from the person you spoke with from the Lehigh Valley Tea Party.

First, we appreciate support from anywhere, because the Second Amendment is for everyone, not just right wing Trump supporters and the such, as the media tries to portray. In fact, we have teamed up with several left leaning organizations who will be joining us on stage, because no one wants to lose the right to self defense.

That being said, some of the comments in the piece gave me some concern, specifically,

"Campione added that while some protesters might be willing to accept some of the proposals put forward by Pittsburgh — namely restrictions on bump stocks or high capacity magazines — there is a fear of a snowball effect in which restrictions start narrow and widen over time."

We most certainly do not accept any of those proposals. I'm not sure of the context of that willingness, but it wasn't from anyone organizing this rally.

The main point of this rally is the fact that it is against state law for local municipalities to enact their own gun control. Preemption exists to protect citizens from a patchwork of thousands of different laws that could find them in legal jeopardy by simply crossing a city border. Can you imagine if the state didn't have preemption on divers licenses? Or marriage licenses?

Suppose PA finally legalizes recreational marijuana, but allowed towns and cities to enact their own laws. In this town, you're safe, but if you drive though the next town, you get arrested. Is that right?

Suppose every town and city was allowed to enact their own abortion laws. Same problem here.

That is the ultimate point of this rally. The mayor wants to violate state law to enact ordinances, and then wants us to obey them. That's also a double standard, hypocrisy. Secondary to that, yes, we would and do oppose all of his proposals, and we most certainly would not "be willing to accept some of the proposals put forward by Pittsburgh."

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. My phone number is 412-713-1404.

Thank you for your time,

Justin
    Says I can’t rep you..... this deserves megarep. Imo

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Says I can’t rep you..... this deserves megarep. Imo
    Got him

For the record, I was contacted because the reporter spoke with a board member of ours who is running for Congress 2020. He passed my phone number along because we are running transportation. It was a 20-25 minute conversation covering many issues. not just the rally. I made it clear that I was not an organizer nor did I speak for anyone other than myself.

Near the end, the question was "would you support any of Peduto's proposals?" The answer was "no, I don't know of any that the 2A community would support."

Next question: "Not even bump stocks?". Answer, I know some who would be ok without bumpstocks, but even they would not agree because it would not stop there. The Left would immediately have 25 more demands."

That was a truthful answer. If anyone here thinks they can do better in a 20 minute conversation please PM me your phone number. We'll see how you do with reporters, and then I get to pick apart every comment you make, accurately reported or not.
    Last edited by longcall911; January 5th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast