Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    This is the definition of "firearms" being used in that statute from the definition in that statute.

It doesn't use the same definition of "firearm" that we are thinking of as pertaining to pistols from different sections. To me that covers long guns as well, since in other statues they specifically use language for the definition that only pertains to things that aren't long guns.

IANAL and that would only be a defense in court if they jacked someone up about it. Someone might want to get Phil's thoughts on it. I think it would be a good idea to call the Pittsburgh PD and find out if they're going to be trying to charge people with this.
    Thanks for trying to clear this up.

Quote Originally Posted by edstephan View Post
    Long Guns are NOT considered "Firearms" under PA 18 Section 6100

§ 6102. Definitions.

Subject to additional definitions contained in subsequent provisions of this subchapter which are applicable to specific provisions of this subchapter, the following words and phrases, when used in this subchapter shall have, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the meanings given to them in this section:
    "Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.

§ 6106.1. Carrying loaded weapons other than firearms.
    (a) General rule.--Except as provided in Title 34 (relating to game), no person shall carry a loaded pistol, revolver, shotgun or rifle, other than a firearm as defined in section 6102 (relating to definitions), in any vehicle. The provisions of this section shall not apply to persons excepted from the requirement of a license to carry firearms under section 6106(b)(1), (2), (5) or (6) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license) nor shall the provisions of this section be construed to permit persons to carry firearms in a vehicle where such conduct is prohibited by section 6106.

(b) Penalty.--A person who violates the provisions of this section commits a summary offense.

(Dec. 7, 1989, P.L.607, No.68, eff. 60 days; June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days)

§ 6107. Prohibited conduct during emergency.

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:

(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

(b) Seizure, taking and confiscation.--Except as otherwise provided under subsection (a) and notwithstanding the provisions of 35 Pa.C.S. Ch. 73 (relating to Commonwealth services) or any other provision of law to the contrary, no firearm, accessory or ammunition may be seized, taken or confiscated during an emergency unless the seizure, taking or confiscation would be authorized absent the emergency.
    (c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:
    "Accessory." Any scope, sight, bipod, sling, light, magazine, clip or other related item that is attached to or necessary for the operation of a firearm.
    "Firearm." The term includes any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any weapon.
    (June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days; Oct. 17, 2008, P.L.1628, No.131, eff. 60 days)

Ed
    I have to agree with others here, wrapping my head around some of the laws here is giving me a headache. I know this opioid crisis has been in effective for awhile and has been the cause for this “State of Emergency”. However, I have been to a couple of rallies in Harrisburg in the last year during the current state of emergency and I saw quite a few people open carrying long guns, yet no one was getting arrested. Maybe they chose not to enforce the law, maybe they will chose to enforce the law in Pittsburgh.

The mayor publicly acknowledged today that people will be open carrying firearms, including long guns and didn’t make it out like this is illegal with the current state of emergency. I don’t trust him though, even thought a lot of people will be carrying long guns at this event, I will play things by ear at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I can't find that posted publicly anywhere. Has anyone told Kim he's fucking wrong?

We get it, he's afraid of the People actually bearing arms under the 2A. We get it, FOAC doesn't want involved. That's ok, we don't need them to be.

I am a life member of FOAC, so whether he likes it or not, we are involved.
    I don’t think it was Kim directly, I think it was another FOAC individual who copied and pasted it, I will see if I can find the post on FB and confirm who posted it.

By the way, anyone coming from east, and is near or can go to Scranton on the way here, please PM me ASAP.
    Shooting you a PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(York County)

Although we often make jokes about cooperating with the police, it may be worth having a liaison on our side quickly meet with their commanding officer on site the morning of the rally. If we have an outside agitator try to join our ranks, or problems with counter protestors and safety, we don't need the bad PR. An informal chain of command, or a liaison phone/text number shared with PAFOA members, could help expedite the removal of those trying to derail this event.

In the past we've seen the very professional police conduct in Harrisburg, Gettysburg, York, and recently, even Philadelphia. I expect Pittsburgh will be no different, as we've seen the majority of officers on the street do support the 2A, and know most LTCF holders would have their back in an emergency.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Although we often make jokes about cooperating with the police, it may be worth having a liaison on our side quickly meet with their commanding officer on site the morning of the rally. If we have an outside agitator try to join our ranks, or problems with counter protestors and safety, we don't need the bad PR. An informal chain of command, or a liaison phone/text number shared with PAFOA members, could help expedite the removal of those trying to derail this event.

In the past we've seen the very professional police conduct in Harrisburg, Gettysburg, York, and recently, even Philadelphia. I expect Pittsburgh will be no different, as we've seen the majority of officers on the street do support the 2A, and know most LTCF holders would have their back in an emergency.
    We've been working hand in hand with the police and have a final meeting Sunday.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Armstrong County)

I really don't care I will be carrying Suppressed SBR, so I will be complying with the law..

Anvil-SBR-2.jpg

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post

Guess what Bucko, The media it going to give us bad PR no matter what we do...

Ed
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Allegheny County)

We've been working hand in hand with the police and have a final meeting Sunday.
    Do you know if their presence will be just in the vicinity of the mayors office or will it extend to the parking zone area where most will be parking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Do you know if their presence will be just in the vicinity of the mayors office or will it extend to the parking zone area where most will be parking ?
    City building.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Clinton County)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Indiana County)

Here are the counter protestors you have to worry about.

(Allegheny County)

Clearly the above photo has nothing to do with this event (note the date), so I would use digression in responding to the post.

Adding posts here announcing how you will "deal with them", whether serious, or in a joking manner "can and will be used against you (us) in a court of media coverage." (you do realize the media is monitoring this, right?)

No need to create drama where none exists.

Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast