Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Yep definitely can consider the flag.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Seems appropriate.

(Franklin County)

Didn't read the whole thread yet. Don't expect any support from FOAC for *yourself*. They will address the issue publicly, and probably pretend you don't exist, even if your event gets its own media coverage.

FOAC opposed (in writing) the OC outing that EdStephan, Viper, myself, and a couple of others did. I should still have the email. I'll send it to you privately if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I may be able and willing to participate when the time comes, I'll have to see. Why use a flag from a different era and different event, why not design a flag for the occasion? The one thing that concerns me is that with loaded rifles at such an event in this current climate (no, not winter) you could end up with a discharged weapon and once one is fired more would probably follow. Is this something that you are prepared for?
    Rifles were loaded in Abington.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; December 6th, 2018 at 05:57 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread yet. Don't expect any support from FOAC for *yourself*. They will address the issue publicly, and probably pretend you don't exist, even if your event gets its own media coverage.

FOAC opposed (in writing) the OC outing that EdStephan, Viper, myself, and a couple of others did. I should still have the email. I'll send it to you privately if you're interested.

I wouldn't mind seeing that...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing that...
    The portion that came in from Kim Stolfer was sent from his official "FOAC" email account, so you should have no problem getting your hands on a copy.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Yep, but was a different chapter in the book.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

It certainly explains some of the comments in this thread.

I wouldn't mind seeing that.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    you know, that whole LGBT thing got mainstreamed by shoving ugly naked people down other people's eyeballs in public places (marches, parades, etc.)
    if I were in the pittsburgh area during this (in-laws) I'd join you guys.

I don't think that was all that it was, the "in your face" stuff. Most gays I ever met were just "regular people'. They don't want to run around with their junk hanging out, or dressing in weird costumes. Just leave them be to do whatever they please with like minded people. No sodomy laws, blackmail in men's room and that old stuff.

Most gay people don't have children. This gives them disposable income. They can give some of that money to politicians. Democrats love money. "Log Cabin Republicans" are gay too. Most of them don't have kids. While they won't get conservatives to go along they can at least get them to back off.

I give at least as much credit to the Low Key stuff as I do to "ACT-UP" and the rest.

I think a lot of what is growing gun control is Billionaires like Mike Bloomberg and his scummy elitist friends. They're spending heavy on making us into criminals. We need to spend too, and to embarrass their followers.

If we make life uncomfortable, not dangerous but uncomfortable, for these "Moms Demand Action" types they won't do it.

A threat is foolish, just make them uncomfortable.

"Oh, you're one of Mike Bloomberg's henchmen. How do you feel about running around in a red T-shirt doing things for free for a billionaire? He has armed guards. Where are you armed guards?".

"These school kids are being abused by the NEA. The Union is for gun control. Why are tax payers paying for kids to be props for the School Teacher's union?"

"Mike Bloomberg thinks that he's going to go to heaven. Do you think that you are doing God's work, helping Mike get to heaven?"
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 6th, 2018 at 09:21 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    The Whiskey Rebellion was eventually put down and taxes (more regularly) collected, and is largely (today) looked upon as a rebellion against exercise of a valid government power.

If you're looking for more appropriate symbols, look more into the long history of the liberty pole and pileus, especially with how they relate to the Revolution.

Who said that the Whiskey taxes were a legitimate exercise in government power? The still excise taxes were assessed in Silver or Gold, something almost nobody west of the Allegheny mountains could get. Out this way we had a barter economy, the main "currency" being Whiskey.

The taxes were collected by adventurers, private contractors who took a cut of the taxes and would resell confiscated Whiskey for their own purposes. The term used by the rebels were "long nosed pensioners" because most were older men who were seeking a government job that let them steal.

The rebellion happened all along the Western Frontier. Here in Western PA George Washington had squatters on his land. Conveniently the combined militias of Maryland, New Jersey and New York came out this way, "crushed" the rebellion and all of those squatters were evicted.

Gets better - the creator of the Whiskey tax was Alexander Hamilton. He passed out word to his friends about these taxes. They bought up Continental Scrip for pennies on the dollar. When the taxes were announced, to "redeem Revolutionary War debt" they made out like bandits when the Continental Scrip got close to par in value.

The rebels surrendered after a meeting in Mon City. The rebellion was pretty much gone by the time that the Watermelon Army got out this way.

Most of the rebels fled to Kentucky. Only a few were taken to Philly for trial. All were eventually pardoned. Anyone caught who wasn't tried was taken to Pittsburgh to be impressed into Federal service. They were held for a year and trained.

If Insider Trading and using the Federal Army to evict squatters off of your land is considered a "legitimate use of government power" I say that the issue hasn't been looked at carefully enough by these Court Historians.

Thomas Jefferson ran on the "Democratic-Republican" ticket. He ran against the Federalist's tax. He won the Presidency. Soon he and Congress repealed the Whiskey tax. We did not have a Federal tax on Whiskey until the Civil War. So much for the legitimacy of the tax.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 6th, 2018 at 09:34 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Who said that the Whiskey taxes were a legitimate exercise in government power? The still excise taxes were assessed in Silver or Gold, something almost nobody west of the Allegheny mountains could get. Out this way we had a barter economy, the main "currency" being Whiskey.

The taxes were collected by adventurers, private contractors who took a cut of the taxes and would resell confiscated Whiskey for their own purposes. The term used by the rebels were "long nosed pensioners" because most were older men who were seeking a government job that let them steal.

The rebellion happened all along the Western Frontier. Here in Western PA George Washington had squatters on his land. Conveniently the combined militias of Maryland, New Jersey and New York came out this way, "crushed" the rebellion and all of those squatters were evicted.

Gets better - the creator of the Whiskey tax was Alexander Hamilton. He passed out word to his friends about these taxes. They bought up Continental Scrip for pennies on the dollar. When the taxes were announced, to "redeem Revolutionary War debt" they made out like bandits when the Continental Scrip got close to par in value.

The rebels surrendered after a meeting in Mon City. The rebellion was pretty much gone by the time that the Watermelon Army got out this way.

Most of the rebels fled to Kentucky. Only a few were taken to Philly for trial. All were eventually pardoned. Anyone caught who wasn't tried was taken to Pittsburgh to be impressed into Federal service. They were held for a year and trained.

If Insider Trading and using the Federal Army to evict squatters off of your land is considered a "legitimate use of government power" I say that the issue hasn't been looked at carefully enough by these Court Historians.

Thomas Jefferson ran on the "Democratic-Republican" ticket. He ran against the Federalist's tax. He won the Presidency. Soon he and Congress repealed the Whiskey tax. We did not have a Federal tax on Whiskey until the Civil War. So much for the legitimacy of the tax.
    I'm fully aware of the background behind the whiskey Rebellion and that the western farmers did have valid complaints, and it was an unfair tax under the guise of legitimately delegated federal power.

That isn't what's taught in school, that's not the contemporary understanding to anyone that isn't well versed in the nuances of history, and if you go flying a whiskey rebellion banner someone will catch on to it and go "well they lost then, and they'll lose this time" and turn it into a joke, just like people do to those who chose to fly the confederate battle flag.

The history of the liberty pole and pileus is a leader deposed for overstepping the bounds of law, and is a symbol also used by the left - the argument needs to not be "from my cold dead hands", the argument needs to be "within the bounds of law, in a nation of law"

In a nation of law, law applies to all. In a nation of man, we get politicians thinking they're above the law, and the king's men riding roughshod on the population outside the bounds of law.

Seem kinda familiar?

Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast