Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Our Career Politicians have become de facto Royalty, but they've learned to slowly heat the water with the frog in it, rather than throw him right into the boiling water.
    Last edited by Pilot321; December 6th, 2018 at 11:34 PM.

these threads are always the same...

the ultimate question is: why has society devolved to a point that carrying a rifle is such a taboo and obscene thing? god forbid someone sees a hunter walking to their truck, might get the cops called.
    if you bang your dog in the ass, you piss off peta but become a special kind of god like LGBTQ in the eyes of the liberals. take a rifle for a walk and -everyone- shits on you.

the last big 2A rally thread did the same, in the end i threw my hands in the air said to hell with it wasn't going, after getting all kinds of crap over wanting to open carry and stay outside. sure enough many people also stayed out there doing exactly that.
    ultimately it didn't matter, at the last minute i had to do something i couldn't get out of, think the wife got ill or some shit.

don't get me wrong, i understand the "appearance" aspect. understand many of the points. but seriously... "don't tell me how to freedom" as long as someone isn't doing something unsafe or putting others in danger. a handful of guys with signs and rifles, hundred of them or just one nut wandering around taking his new wifle bride for a walk, isn't going to do much against gun rights when the leftie FBI agents will just ignore all the red flags or even promote and assist in the next mass shooting event.

can you marry a rifle or videogame system in pa? was that just a japan thing?
    Last edited by fallenleader; December 6th, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    these threads are always the same...

the ultimate question is: why has society devolved to a point that carrying a rifle is such a taboo and obscene thing? god forbid someone sees a hunter walking to their truck, might get the cops called.
    if you bang your dog in the ass, you piss off peta but become a special kind of god like LGBTQ in the eyes of the liberals. take a rifle for a walk and -everyone- shits on you.

the last big 2A rally thread did the same, in the end i threw my hands in the air said to hell with it wasn't going, after getting all kinds of crap over wanting to open carry and stay outside. sure enough many people also stayed out there doing exactly that.
    ultimately it didn't matter, at the last minute i had to do something i couldn't get out of, think the wife got ill or some shit.

don't get me wrong, i understand the "appearance" aspect. understand many of the points. but seriously... "don't tell me how to freedom" as long as someone isn't doing something unsafe or putting others in danger. a handful of guys with signs and rifles, hundred of them or just one nut wandering around taking his new wifle bride for a walk, isn't going to do much against gun rights when the leftie FBI agents will just ignore all the red flags or even promote and assist in the next mass shooting event.

can you marry a rifle or videogame system in pa? was that just a japan thing?
    Yep. Thats my thoughts. No one is going to succeed in changing my mind by telling me I'm damaging the cause. That's bullshit.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah, "Open carry of handguns? - you're gonna ruin it for all of us!"

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Yep. Thats my thoughts. No one is going to succeed in changing my mind by telling me I'm damaging the cause. That's bullshit.
    Its not just bullshit. Its fudd shit.

(Chester County)

If they actually try to enact a law, an open carry demonstration can have value if done right. The city will be presented with a choice between backing down in the face of open defiance, or granting standing in multiple lawsuits by trying to enforce a bad law. Adequate funding and a sound legal strategy need to be in place. The shit show that is the current PA supreme court also has to be considered in a legal strategy.

I may be wrong, but IIRC a guy we know as drop-leg Jeff pulled this off effectively in MD. He may have some helpful insights.

AFAIK, civil disobedience is not the NRA's nor FOAC's way of doing business. We really need our own Soros and Bloomberg.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Lancaster County)

For the record I've never advocated one way or the other in this thread only tried to point out the obstacles that are faced. I think a demonstration would be a good thing to do. It just needs to be done right and at the right time. It should be pretty clear that we only have so many resources and people have lives to live so those resources should be used when appropriate...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The portion that came in from Kim Stolfer was sent from his official "FOAC" email account, so you should have no problem getting your hands on a copy.
    This isn't something I'm going to bother Kim over he has enough on his plate. If there's things that we can do better I'd like to know. I have no details on any Abingdon demonstration. I vaguely remember the guy. If it was opposed I'm sure it was for a good reason but like I said I don't have the details and I'm not privy to Kim private emails..

Antifa;

BLM

metoo

March for our lives.

The French.

American gun owners.

Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    This isn't something I'm going to bother Kim over he has enough on his plate. If there's things that we can do better I'd like to know. I have no details on any Abingdon demonstration. I vaguely remember the guy. If it was opposed I'm sure it was for a good reason but like I said I don't have the details and I'm not privy to Kim private emails..
    You consider Kim's *official FOAC* email account to be "private"? As VP, I'd think you would be able to access them yourself if you felt there was a need.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast