Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY*** UPDATED INFO IN OP***

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    This event looks like it’s going to huge, I am looking forward to this. Can anyone recommend a flag pole for a 3x5 flag? Anyone make something that is collapsible for easier transport?
    Homedepot sells 5ft length of 3/4" conduit for just a couple dollars.
    To use it as a hand held, flag pole; drill a couple small holes through it and then ziptie flag to it.
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Homedepot sells 5ft length of 3/4" conduit for just a couple dollars.
    To use it as a hand held, flag pole; drill a couple small holes through it and then ziptie flag to it.
    conduit also has a flared fitting end. conduit, not water pipe.
    if they buy two and cut the males to desired length, they can use one ziptie through on the top end, bottom one around snug as a slip and assemble it on site by sliding the male lower pipe through the tie, making the coupling connection and off they go. for a broken down package size of 2' to 3'

as the coupling in the middle will keep the zip tie at the lower from sliding all the way up to the one through the top.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Westmoreland County)

Somebody suggested two me to 5 foot lengths of 3/4" pvc pipe along with a coupler to extend it to 10 feet once you arrive. Same deal with the zip ties mentioned above.
    Last edited by pennlineman; January 1st, 2019 at 08:51 PM.
    2021 PMSC/PAFOA Group shoot dates here https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=366923

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Somebody suggested to me to 5 foot lengths of 3/4" pvc pipe along with a coupler to extend it to 10 feet once you arrive. Same deal with the zip ties mentioned above.
    Depending on overall length, PVC can be soft and bendy.

To hang with us, your pipe needs to be hard & strong. :-)
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Allegheny County)

3 foot to 5 foot telescoping extension pole for $10 at Lowes...
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ettore-2-9-...n-Pole/3573972

(Berks County)

Get yourself one of these and fly it high and proud.

Telescoping roof rake.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Somebody suggested two me to 5 foot lengths of 3/4" pvc pipe along with a coupler to extend it to 10 feet once you arrive. Same deal with the zip ties mentioned above.
    conduit is cheaper per inch, grey and includes a flared fitting end.
    electricians know their shit, plumbers over pay and gotta dick with fittings. [not really but it is flared]
    Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    Depending on overall length, PVC can be soft and bendy.

To hang with us, your pipe needs to be hard & strong. :-)
    at 6' his rod will be what brings all the girls to the yard. shouldn't be too flexy and if shtf, that flex makes a nice defensive whip.
    i use a 4" 10' pvc length for a flag pole off my second story deck, it never waivers even in hurricane winds and is painted brown to match the wood.
    the gadsden never comes down.

1/2' conduit would be a floppy sad mess.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Pike County)

Thanks for the suggestions everybody, if it brings all the girls to the yard than I will owe you a drink. ��
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Jesus Christ. The pressure to not permit open carry is such an old way of thinking, and I'm frankly tired of hearing about. The so called leaders of the gun rights movement are a bunch of pussies. I've been biting my tongue but I'm sick of their shit. They've been named in this thread already, including a very prominent person that we all know and respect, so no need to name them again. Here's yet another email from someone begging us to not go through with this.

"I spoke at great length with buddy Kim Stolfer (FOAC) and unfortunately, he can not make it.

Justin tells me that long guns worn on the back will be present on Jan. 7th. Long guns IMO are way over the line. Kim agrees with me and he has done more of these than anyone. Legal? Yes. But that doesn't mean we should. Downtown Pittsburgh is not Arizona or Texas. Open carry is legal in PA but very very few do it. I have never seen it here except in gun shops away from the city. And virtually NO ONE in the city and especially downtown ever open carries. It never ever happens! If the deciders and arrangers of this can't understand that in downtown Pittsburgh, this is 100% guaranteed to outrage, scare, and upset virtually all the locals and play right into the mayor's and rabbi's hands, I can't stop them. CNN, MSNBC, and the local drive-by media will have a field day with Pittsburgh's "gun kooks and crazies." Is this the kind of coverage we want? Well, it's the kind of coverage we're going to get. If they carry holstered sidearms, I would minimally suggest that they are empty and have no magazines, which of course is visible. This takes away the Left's obvious #1 talking point. The empty gun is just a prop and not an imminent threat to anyone, ie. hoplophobes. Maybe Justin can pass along this suggestion.

Without getting into the weeds, here is a simple basic truth. Before we invite the other side to listen to us (and they already see us in an emotional way as "the enemy"), the last thing in the world we want to do is piss them off visually before saying a single word. But according to Justin, that is exactly what is set to happen. Big mistake. It's a huge trap of our own making.

You just don't stick a gun in the face of a hoplophobe and say "listen to me!" They already will be reacting to what they saw and their phobic response.

I fear our legal arguments and constitutional rights will be lost in a flurry of visual media madness. And with long guns especially, I guarantee it. What will work in Arizona and Texas is simply not going to work in downtown Pittsburgh anymore than it would in New York or New Jersey.

No need to go back and forth on this, so please, let's not. Both sides have already been heard and we obviously disagree. And reasonable people can disagree.

Our mutual enemy is not reasonable. Just phobic and frozen in ideology. And I for one am not in favor of giving them free ammunition to shoot back in our face. This legal issue is going to go on to higher courts. I want to be as strong legally and constitutionally as we possibly can be when it does."

Listen up, fudds, this mentality is old. You all pat yourselves on the back for the Harrisburg rally where everyone is disarmed. YOU are the hopolophobes. You are afraid of the very group that you claim to represent. I guarantee theses are the same people responsible for "1 rounds in a magazine" at the PA Fudd clubs too.

This scaredy cat mentality has only hardened my resolve and desire to start a PA organization that isn't afraid of the People bearing arms.

I regret becoming a life member of FOAC. I respect all that they do, and have done, but I'm tired of being told to hide in the wings.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I used to work in downtown Pittsburgh for years and I have seen people open carrying pistols several times and I'm not talking about cops. So the person who says it never happens doesn't know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Jesus Christ. The pressure to not permit open carry is such an old way of thinking, and I'm frankly tired of hearing about. The so called leaders of the gun rights movement are a bunch of pussies. I've been biting my tongue but I'm sick of their shit. They've been named in this thread already, including a very prominent person that we all know and respect, so no need to name them again. Here's yet another email from someone begging us to not go through with this.

"I spoke at great length with buddy Kim Stolfer (FOAC) and unfortunately, he can not make it.

Justin tells me that long guns worn on the back will be present on Jan. 7th. Long guns IMO are way over the line. Kim agrees with me and he has done more of these than anyone. Legal? Yes. But that doesn't mean we should. Downtown Pittsburgh is not Arizona or Texas. Open carry is legal in PA but very very few do it. I have never seen it here except in gun shops away from the city. And virtually NO ONE in the city and especially downtown ever open carries. It never ever happens! If the deciders and arrangers of this can't understand that in downtown Pittsburgh, this is 100% guaranteed to outrage, scare, and upset virtually all the locals and play right into the mayor's and rabbi's hands, I can't stop them. CNN, MSNBC, and the local drive-by media will have a field day with Pittsburgh's "gun kooks and crazies." Is this the kind of coverage we want? Well, it's the kind of coverage we're going to get. If they carry holstered sidearms, I would minimally suggest that they are empty and have no magazines, which of course is visible. This takes away the Left's obvious #1 talking point. The empty gun is just a prop and not an imminent threat to anyone, ie. hoplophobes. Maybe Justin can pass along this suggestion.

Without getting into the weeds, here is a simple basic truth. Before we invite the other side to listen to us (and they already see us in an emotional way as "the enemy"), the last thing in the world we want to do is piss them off visually before saying a single word. But according to Justin, that is exactly what is set to happen. Big mistake. It's a huge trap of our own making.

You just don't stick a gun in the face of a hoplophobe and say "listen to me!" They already will be reacting to what they saw and their phobic response.

I fear our legal arguments and constitutional rights will be lost in a flurry of visual media madness. And with long guns especially, I guarantee it. What will work in Arizona and Texas is simply not going to work in downtown Pittsburgh anymore than it would in New York or New Jersey.

No need to go back and forth on this, so please, let's not. Both sides have already been heard and we obviously disagree. And reasonable people can disagree.

Our mutual enemy is not reasonable. Just phobic and frozen in ideology. And I for one am not in favor of giving them free ammunition to shoot back in our face. This legal issue is going to go on to higher courts. I want to be as strong legally and constitutionally as we possibly can be when it does."

Listen up, fudds, this mentality is old. You all pat yourselves on the back for the Harrisburg rally where everyone is disarmed. YOU are the hopolophobes. You are afraid of the very group that you claim to represent. I guarantee theses are the same people responsible for "1 rounds in a magazine" at the PA Fudd clubs too.

This scaredy cat mentality has only hardened my resolve and desire to start a PA organization that isn't afraid of the People bearing arms.

I regret becoming a life member of FOAC. I respect all that they do, and have done, but I'm tired of being told to hide in the wings.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast