Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 922
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    3,250
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    You're too early. There is no law. There may never be any law.


    I'm not concerned about how you look. That's your business.

    I'm concerned about how WE look.

    Civil disobedience is what you do after you have exhausted other measures. You have to make an effort to be reasonable.


    Did you ever read the history of the United States? Ever read the Declaration of Independence?

    The Founders of the United States understood that one must be reasonable before resorting to the appearance of hostility. Why don't you see it, Justin?








    That's not fair, it's not true. A lot of us bust our humps each day against "gun control". We do so in a low key and respectful way. We influence people. We take people to ranges.

    We encourage people to see firearms as a useful tool, one to be used to safely.


    What do you expect? Did you think that we would have an easy time, forever?

    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    And sometimes civil disobedience.

    And sometimes violence.

    I'm past eternal vigilance. I don't expect everyone else to be. We already agreed that doing it before enactment is not ideal.
    Life has a melody.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    9709553

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I appreciate the input Gene, I really do, but I'm not going to not do this because some think I might "hurt the cause."

    There is no cause.

    I've tried to counsel an effective method, one that worked with alcohol and marijuana prohibition. Hopefully you all don't give the rest of us too much extra work.


    I'm not laying down for this shit. I'm not going to harm anyone. I will harm their plans if I can do so. My goal is to make 'em back off in an effective an non confrontational way. Using soft power and money.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 6th, 2018 at 12:04 AM.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southwest, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    1,679
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    You're too early. There is no law. There may never be any law.


    I'm not concerned about how you look. That's your business.

    I'm concerned about how WE look.

    Civil disobedience is what you do after you have exhausted other measures. You have to make an effort to be reasonable.


    Did you ever read the history of the United States? Ever read the Declaration of Independence?

    The Founders of the United States understood that one must be reasonable before resorting to the appearance of hostility. Why don't you see it, Justin?








    That's not fair, it's not true. A lot of us bust our humps each day against "gun control". We do so in a low key and respectful way. We influence people. We take people to ranges.

    We encourage people to see firearms as a useful tool, one to be used to safely.


    What do you expect? Did you think that we would have an easy time, forever?

    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    WE don't all see things the same way and WE may not all do things the same way. Hopefully, each of us is doing what is right, in our own mind. No one is forcing you to show up or to support this. If it is not right for you, so be it. Please do not seek to decide what is right for others.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,456
    Rep Power
    9709553

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    WE don't all see things the same way and WE may not all do things the same way. Hopefully, each of us is doing what is right, in our own mind. No one is forcing you to show up or to support this. If it is not right for you, so be it. Please do not seek to decide what is right for others.

    I'm giving counsel. I'm allowed my opinion and that's all it is. I already committed to helping pay for lawyer fees.

    satan will be serving ice water in hell before I interfere with anyone's plans here.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    E-Town, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    5414966

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    There's no point in doing this before anything is enacted. I think we know that this will never be enforced because if they do they will be giving standing in the courts. FOAC meeting is this Sunday and I'm sure this will be the prime topic... Let's get our ducks in a row before taking any action?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    There's no point in doing this before anything is enacted. I think we know that this will never be enforced because if they do they will be giving standing in the courts. FOAC meeting is this Sunday and I'm sure this will be the prime topic... Let's get our ducks in a row before taking any action?
    I have seen video of Peduto and read some of his rantings. Peduto is a clown, and clowns thrive on attention. I wish I had an answer. Right now I do not. Resisting this seems to be the right thing to do, but it has to be done in a manner that will not give the clown the center ring attention he cherishes. He needs to be made to look foolish, uninformed, and shallow -- like a clown. He is the one violating the law. Not us. He needs to be the one to viewed as extreme, not us.

    As things are developing, persuasion eventually may not be enough to defend the Constitution from the attack on it by the Democrats. The Socialists and Globalists are on the move and it seems to be coming down to raw power over politics. I just don't think we are there yet.

    Did you see former Congressman Dingell the other day call for scrapping the Senate and the Electoral College because it gives small states too much power? He believes that smaller populations should not be able to thwart or modify the designs of larger populations. In short, urban always dominates rural. He nicely framed a big part of this issue. To the Democrats, tyranny of the majority is the goal -- exactly what our Founders wanted to avoid. Peduto, because he has the majority in his burg, thinks he can run roughshod over the guaranteed rights of those in the political minority. That is totalitarian and he needs to be cast in that light. Make him the extremist attacking everyday citizens because that is the truth of it.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,148
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    you know, that whole LGBT thing got mainstreamed by shoving ugly naked people down other people's eyeballs in public places (marches, parades, etc.)
    if I were in the pittsburgh area during this (in-laws) I'd join you guys.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    744
    Rep Power
    21474840

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    A personal opinion.

    Protest yes, but leave the guns at home, you want to enlighten the sheeple not scare them.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chippewa, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    3,250
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    No, I'll not be leaving the guns home.

    The point is civil disobedience to an illegal law in the face of a tyrant.
    Life has a melody.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northcoast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

    It'd been a while since I've taken a stroll down Grant Street.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. open carry walk in pittsburgh pa?
    By Jaydubz2014 in forum Allegheny
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 25th, 2016, 01:59 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
  3. My Open Carry day in Pittsburgh/Cranberry
    By sprrdhawk44 in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 2nd, 2011, 02:01 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
  5. Pittsburgh Police Open Carry: Good Experience
    By Tokamak in forum Open Carry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops