Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: ***PITTSBURGH RIFLE OPEN CARRY***

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    We would certainly have a chance at a better turnout with a little more notice given.
    And warmer weather. And an opportunity to educate people about the beginning of the American Revolution.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I agree, proposal day, next Friday, isn't the day. I would love to do enactment day, so I'll keep my eyes open for that. Otherwise sometime after enactment day as well. We won't be able to discuss it here, though, because then we'll be advocating activity in violation of the law.
    The law will be in violation of the law. We need to talk about it everywhere we can.

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    The law will be in violation of the law. We need to talk about it everywhere we can.
    I agree. We need to see what poofa admins stance is on this, otherwise I can set up a facebook page or something. I'm hoping to see FOAC organize something, but I doubt they will. Gun owners generally don't have the will to publicly display civil disobedience in the face of a tyrant blatantly violating the law.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Montgomery County)

I'm down. I've never been to Pittsburgh (within city limits) so any recommendations for a safe place to spend the night would be appreciated. I'll pick up a sling for the AR this weekend and clean/lube it so none of you make fun of me.

Justin, I don't have social media so if a date is set and you can't post here, PM me your email address or I'll PM you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I'm down. I've never been to Pittsburgh (within city limits) so any recommendations for a safe place to spend the night would be appreciated. I'll pick up a sling for the AR this weekend and clean/lube it so none of you make fun of me.

Justin, I don't have social media so if a date is set and you can't post here, PM me your email address or I'll PM you mine.
    Here's a really nice well made affordable 2 point with free shipping.

They also ship super fast.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Two-Po...p/au-tpqas.htm

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post

There's nice hotels in Green Tree just south of the Fort Pitt tunnel. You're just a little bit out side city limits, but there's several hotels at the top of the hill.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

PLEASE, let's be more like this guy

than these guys

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Here's a really nice well made affordable 2 point with free shipping.

They also ship super fast.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Two-Po...p/au-tpqas.htm
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's nice hotels in Green Tree just south of the Fort Pitt tunnel. You're just a little bit out side city limits, but there's several hotels at the top of the hill.
    And you as well!

(Westmoreland County)

I don't care about looking like a kook. I will stand there, like a kook, holding my sign and rifle by myself if I have to.

This happens with everything we want to do. "Oh we can do this, we can't do that, we will look like this, or that, you can't wear this, you should wear that."

Tired of it. I'm ready to be a kook.

This is about civil disobedience in the face of a tyrant.
    You're too early. There is no law. There may never be any law.

I'm not concerned about how you look. That's your business.

I'm concerned about how WE look.

Civil disobedience is what you do after you have exhausted other measures. You have to make an effort to be reasonable.

Did you ever read the history of the United States? Ever read the Declaration of Independence?

The Founders of the United States understood that one must be reasonable before resorting to the appearance of hostility. Why don't you see it, Justin?

"Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

"He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

"He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

"He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

"He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

"He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness of his invasions on the rights of the people.

"He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

"He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

"He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

"He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

"He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

"He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

"He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

"For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

"For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

"For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

"For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

"For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

"For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences:

"For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:

"For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

"For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

"He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

"He has plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

"He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

"He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

"He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

"In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people."

There is no cause.

That's not fair, it's not true. A lot of us bust our humps each day against "gun control". We do so in a low key and respectful way. We influence people. We take people to ranges.

We encourage people to see firearms as a useful tool, one to be used to safely.

What do you expect? Did you think that we would have an easy time, forever?

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    PLEASE, let's be more like this guy

than these guys

Absolutely. You should wear your Constable garb.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast