Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Detroit passes "bullet bill"

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I did and already commented in it but that’s a Gov who controls the Stare police and this is a town council who controls the city plows and crossing guards.

We will have to see how Michigan handles this as well as the people of the city and state, but as of now there is no legal way they can enforce it.

Here's some lawyer speak on the subject.

Last edited by Hodgie; December 5th, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

(Chester County)

They can pass and enforce whatever law suits them.There is no one that can or will stop them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Detroit council violates the law in order to stop violation of the law. Seems council should be subject to arrest, like any law violator.

(Wayne County)

"We are not attempting to destroy your right to bear arms," Davis said. "(We want to) put taxes on that ammunition and use those funds to teach urban American folk about the importance of bearing arms and how to become a responsible gun owner."

Shit, if this were really true, I'd volunteer to teach one class per week for free. As such, there'd be no need to increase taxes on ammo.

As far as requiring a mental health check before buying ammo, if this passes I fully expect that mental health checks will also be required before buying alcohol, motor vehicles, razor blades, and prescription drugs, seeing as everyone of those is just as capable of taking a life.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Shit, if this were really true, I'd volunteer to teach one class per week for free. As such, there'd be no need to increase taxes on ammo.

As far as requiring a mental health check before buying ammo, if this passes I fully expect that mental health checks will also be required before buying alcohol, motor vehicles, razor blades, and prescription drugs, seeing as everyone of those is just as capable of taking a life.

There's nothing to pass since a city council cannot pass or wright legislation, like the video says this is virtue signaling and if imposed this would be against state preemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    This sh*t has to stop. Very dangerous precedent. Look what happened in California where you need to go through a background check, and and FFL to buy ammo. What stops people from just buying it out of state, or on line?
    More Jim Crow. Anyhow, all it does is hurt the law abiding and yes, people will just go across the state or county line and buy it. That is why they want to make this national.

(Philadelphia County)

Reggie Reg Davis?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

I’ve said before that the best way to control guns is to control the ammunition*. If I was anti, that is certainly where I would focus my efforts.

*and reloading supplies.

If it were up to the Detroit City Council, this woman might not have her bullets.http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...it-s-west-side

I wish I could find that thread with the liberal woman saying poor people didn't need guns because they have nothing of value to protect. This might, just might, burst her liberal elitist bubble. OK, no bursting, but it might put a ding in it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I’ve said before that the best way to control guns is to control the ammunition*. If I was anti, that is certainly where I would focus my efforts.

*and reloading supplies.
    Yeah, but that is a fiction. The ammo is an integral part of the armament. Sure the leftist fascists will claim otherwise, but our founders made no distinction and arms are not just limited to "firearms".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast