Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question Concerns over PICS check

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I saw the sticky at the top posted by one of our lawyers. I am a brand new permanent resident of PA and I have concerns that some of my past history may endanger my ability to pass a PICS check. I really can't afford thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer to comb through my records either. I had a felony and misdemeanor charge that were dismissed through a Connecticut AR diversion program (with no admission of guilt). I have not used drugs in ~5 years and have not had any further interaction with law enforcement. I have been to a detox program before on my own free decision, and not in connection with any court or law enforcement proceedings. When I was 7 years old my parents voluntarily sent me to a children's psychiatric hospital ward for a day. I do not believe that any of these events are disqualifying based on my (limited) knowledge of the law, but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone have any insight or advice on my particular situation, and what my options are? Thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Concerns over PICS check

Quote Originally Posted by Raxus View Post
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I saw the sticky at the top posted by one of our lawyers. I am a brand new permanent resident of PA and I have concerns that some of my past history may endanger my ability to pass a PICS check. I really can't afford thousands of dollars to hire a lawyer to comb through my records either. I had a felony and misdemeanor charge that were dismissed through a Connecticut AR diversion program (with no admission of guilt). I have not used drugs in ~5 years and have not had any further interaction with law enforcement. I have been to a detox program before on my own free decision, and not in connection with any court or law enforcement proceedings. When I was 7 years old my parents voluntarily sent me to a children's psychiatric hospital ward for a day. I do not believe that any of these events are disqualifying based on my (limited) knowledge of the law, but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone have any insight or advice on my particular situation, and what my options are? Thank you.
    You need to talk to a lawyer that specializes in gun law.
    Anything else would be risky since you can get prosecuted for attempting to purchase if prohibited.

Phil can do a check on you and let you know if you are prohibited or not.
    It costs around $200 or so.

Send him a message, he will tell you your options before any costs are involved.
    Attorney Phil Kline: gunlawyer001@gmail.com

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Franklin County)

I don't have any additional or better advice than Berncly has already posted, but I'm chiming in just to agree with it and to note that you will not find better knowledge or value than what you will get with Phil.

He is highly respected here, and it's because he's earned it and repeatedly demonstrated it over years and years.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Yes. What is stated above in post #2 and #3 is absolutely the best action you can take. Don't let anyone talk you into a foolish PICS attempt that might start a process you can't control. Contact Phil as your next step. Good luck.

Bob D
    Last edited by bug; August 18th, 2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo

(Montgomery County)

Wow if Phil can give you an answer for $200 that's truly a steal for his services. Good luck and hopefully you get some good news back.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    You need to talk to a lawyer that specializes in gun law.
    Anything else would be risky since you can get prosecuted for attempting to purchase if prohibited.

Phil can do a check on you and let you know if you are prohibited or not.
    It costs around $200 or so.

Send him a message, he will tell you your options before any costs are involved.
    Attorney Phil Kline: gunlawyer001@gmail.com

Best of luck to you.
    Bern-
    Yeah, thanks guys. I talked with Phil about it.