Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Resurrecting this thread with the vote coming up this week. I had a chance to go back and read the most recent proposition:

https://pittsburgh.legistar.com/Legi...ch=&FullText=1

They have essentially gutting the bill, taking out anything having to do with semi-auto or modern sporting rifles (I refuse to use the AW words), and leaving in just some crap about armor piercing ammo, bianary triggers, and high cap mags. They try and claim they have the right to ban ammo and mags via PA CS 53, and that protecting people overrides PA CS 62.

The reference information they use in their findings is suspect at best (Mother Jones? Really?!?!), deceitful and outright lies at worst(claiming the 90's assault weapons ban noticably decreased mass shootings). The writers of this document have done a good job conflating PA laws and national court rulings to make it appear they are justified in their actions.

Although some will say this is a win for us, it's not. It's still a little nibble here and a little nibble there on magazines. I certainly wouldn't let the camels nose under the tent, or bloomturd and his money will soon be flowing into other municipalities willing to push the limits. I think we should still get together and rally once this goes into effect.
    Well, my evil high cap mags are ready to go. I might have to install a binary trigger in something for the occasion to go with them and all rifle rounds are technically armor piercing depending on what armor.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

"1. A device designed or redesigned to be attached to a semi-automatic firearm, which allows the firearm to discharge two or more shots in a bust by activating the device; or

This kind of bust?

Kim-Oxnam2.jpg

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Resurrecting this thread with the vote coming up this week. I had a chance to go back and read the most recent proposition:

https://pittsburgh.legistar.com/Legi...ch=&FullText=1

They have essentially gutting the bill, taking out anything having to do with semi-auto or modern sporting rifles (I refuse to use the AW words), and leaving in just some crap about armor piercing ammo, bianary triggers, and high cap mags. They try and claim they have the right to ban ammo and mags via PA CS 53, and that protecting people overrides PA CS 62.

The reference information they use in their findings is suspect at best (Mother Jones? Really?!?!), deceitful and outright lies at worst(claiming the 90's assault weapons ban noticably decreased mass shootings). The writers of this document have done a good job conflating PA laws and national court rulings to make it appear they are justified in their actions.

Although some will say this is a win for us, it's not. It's still a little nibble here and a little nibble there on magazines. I certainly wouldn't let the camels nose under the tent, or bloomturd and his money will soon be flowing into other municipalities willing to push the limits. I think we should still get together and rally once this goes into effect.

They're going for a small slice of baloney. They'll come along for the rest later.

These people are like chimpanzees or advertising executives. They toss things at the wall to see what sticks.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That only applies to white, straight, gun owning Trump supporters, not to the tolerant left.
    I like how you just make up random phrases like "tolerant left".

Can you do some more?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob2055 View Post
    I just saw this:
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-storie...rgh-/888438765
    Apparently State Rep Aaron Bernstine (R-Ellwood City) isn't 100% on whether or not Pittsburg can enact these ordinances.
    It confuses me thoroughly how these people can become state Representatives or the mayor of a city like Pittsburgh without being able to simply ask a [barely] knowledgeable attorney something as simple as "Is this proposed ordinance legal according to the PA Constitution and/or established state law?". The answer is a very simple "NO".

Pretty much everyone who has spent time on this board trying to learn the laws surrounding their firearms actions knows that answer right off the bat, so how can elected politicians at that level either:
    1) NOT know that, or
    2) NOT ask a lawyer who knows that
    ?????????

QueechoFeecho

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by QueechoFeecho View Post
    It confuses me thoroughly how these people can become state Representatives or the mayor of a city like Pittsburgh without being able to simply ask a [barely] knowledgeable attorney something as simple as "Is this proposed ordinance legal according to the PA Constitution and/or established state law?". The answer is a very simple "NO".

Pretty much everyone who has spent time on this board trying to learn the laws surrounding their firearms actions knows that answer right off the bat, so how can elected politicians at that level either:
    1) NOT know that, or
    ?????????

QueechoFeecho
    Don't confuse ignorance with malevolence. They know it's illegal, the attorney knows it's illegal, they don't give a flying fuck. An attorney that gives them the advice to proceed with passing the law should be disbarred for professional misconduct.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Don't confuse ignorance with malevolence. They know it's illegal, the attorney knows it's illegal, they don't give a flying fuck. An attorney that gives them the advice to proceed with passing the law should be disbarred for professional misconduct.
    Absolutely ! This is blatant mockery of Pennsylvania's legal system.

(Chester County)

They're being promised money from outside to get it to the PA Supreme Court. What needs to happen is criminal charges against the politicians and conspirracy charges against those who are promising funding. Maybe 4 AM SWAT raids on the officers of Everytown et al and their supreme puppetmasters are warranted. If those who are sworn to uphold the law won't do it, it's time for recall elections.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

1) NOT know that, or
    ?????????

QueechoFeecho
    I believe that it is a bit more than even malevolence and money. It is also an extreme commitment to progressivism. P-burgh is owned by democrats and their style of corruption. It is a complete political cesspool. Those elected to office are the most extreme because the rest of the crowd rewards those who express and profess the ideology and therefore, they get the political resources required to win office.

People like Peduto & council see it as their obligation to defy conservative values and know that they will be not only protected by the democrat machine, but rewarded in multiple ways (usually higher office & more power).
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Carbon County)

I like how you just make up random phrases like "tolerant left".

Can you do some more?
    How does "Leftist Jerkoffs" sound?
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast