Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    What about precedence set by the previous court? If the past ruling was based solely off the current state laws which it appears to have been with no funny business then what’s changed since 2008? Same guns, same ammunition, less overall crime as a whole.

What did the court look like in 08 and 96?
    I'm not sure. I know the dems took all three open seats in the 2017 election to go from 3-2R to 5-2D. Not sure what the makeup was previously in 2008.

I don't trust any Democrat to operate with integrity regarding guns these days.

ETA: remember this is the court that decided it was ok to throw out the congressional map and draw their own new one last year.
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; December 13th, 2018 at 11:21 PM.

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I'm not sure. I know the dems took all three open seats in the 2017 election to go from 3-2R to 5-2D. Not sure what the makeup was previously in 2008.

I don't trust any Democrat to operate with integrity regarding guns these days.

ETA: remember this is the court that decided it was ok to throw out the congressional map and draw their own new one last year.
    Common man I need some good news before bed for a change. Today's been a real bummer and now tomorrow is going to suck hard. Part of me feels that the Mayor made sure all his plays were covered including a supreme court visit before going down the route of illegal shit to do.

Wether or not he has their blessing already or just figures now is the best time because of the 5-2 majority and his chances won't get any better, I guests we won't ever know. I'm hoping it's the 2nd of the two and the law as currently written stands as it should.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 13th, 2018 at 11:58 PM.

(Chester County)

Common man I need some good news before bed for a change. Today's been a real bummer and now tomorrow is going to suck hard. Part of me feels that the Mayor made sure all his plays were covered including a supreme court visit before going down the route of illegal shit to do.

Wether or not he has their blessing already or just figures now is the best time because of the 5-2 majority and his chances won't get any better then now we won't know but I'm hoping it's the 2nd of the two and the law as currently written stands as it should.
    Lol, sorry to be a downer dude. I don't have any more knowledge than anyone else.
    We'll just have to take it as it comes and hang together. We have some strong allies on our side as well.

ETA: take heart that we have the constitution on our side (both PA and US) regardless of what some mini dictators in robes say about it.
    Last edited by ar15_shooter; December 13th, 2018 at 11:50 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Councilman O'Connor was on the news this evening being asked about their plans to enact new laws.
    When pointed out that there are laws on the books like "lost and stolen" that are NOT being enforced and asked WHY they were not being enforced, his reply was something like, "Well, the more laws we can get on the books, the better we will be - a little bit at a time."

Dickhead.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Councilman O'Connor was on the news this evening being asked about their plans to enact new laws.
    When pointed out that there are laws on the books like "lost and stolen" that are NOT being enforced and asked WHY they were not being enforced, his reply was something like, "Well, the more laws we can get on the books, the better we will be - a little bit at a time."

Dickhead.
    Typical leftist. "Pile on as many laws as possible because we can"

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Dickhead.
    He's a shining example of everything wrong with excepting mediocrity as the new level to strive for.

Good luck enforcing these laws too ass wipe. Going to start running arms from here to Yinz behind enemy lines in western PA.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    Lol, sorry to be a downer dude. I don't have any more knowledge than anyone else.
    We'll just have to take it as it comes and hang together. We have some strong allies on our side as well.

ETA: take heart that we have the constitution on our side (both PA and US) regardless of what some mini dictators in robes say about it.
    This is what my head keeps telling me.

(Erie County)

The language in the pa constitution is pretty strong.

(Allegheny County)

He's a shining example of everything wrong with excepting mediocrity as the new level to strive for.

Good luck enforcing these laws too ass wipe. Going to start running arms from here to Yinz behind enemy lines in western PA.
    Well, he's from Mr Roger's neighborhood - literally - where the Jewish people were murdered, so that means we have to listen to him, because... well, it's really sad that they died, and trampling the constitution will take away the sad.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    The language in the pa constitution is pretty strong.
    Written by people who did not know the horror of automatic bullet-fire from high magazine capacity killer-guns of military power with bump things.

Times have changed. Men fuck men. Get over it and fuck the part of the constitution that applies to hunting!

Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast