Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
    Last edited by :-); December 29th, 2018 at 03:16 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Having a bad flare up, hoping I get better by the march. I may bring a chair so I can sit.

FB_IMG_1504109947016.jpg
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Dauphin County)

§ 21. Right to bear arms.

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Did anyone remind him of this??

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    What Peduto‘s actions boil down to is: “ We will break the law to make a law that will turn lawful citizens into lawbreakers“.

This thinking should have every citizen up in arms regardless of political affiliation. It is not okay for Trump, Obama, Bush, Wolf, Corbett, Mayors, governors, presidents etc..... to create laws that the higher laws say are illegal. Our society is based on the idea that people follow laws....... that means everyone.... officials and non official citizens alike. Peduto swore an oath to uphold the laws of the U.S Constitution and the Pa Constitution when he took office. Pushing laws that go against that oath and purposely breaking the law are legitimate grounds for impeachment imo.

My tag line use to be “Every time we take rights away from others that we disagree with, we make it easier for others to take away rights we agree with.”. What Peduto is doing should have everyone who has any respect for the law nervous.
    This kind of action by a guy like Paduto is due to the liberal mentality that people have to do what they have to do to get what they want done even if it means breaking established law. This is on display in California and their "state "sanctuary laws" that fly in the face of Federal law. The author of the law, Gov. Moonbeam, and the AG should have been arrested by Federal agents and charged with violating the Constitution. The same should happen to Mr. Paduto, this time by the Pa AG.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    The author of the law, Gov. Moonbeam, and the AG should have been arrested by Federal agents and charged with violating the Constitution.
    Perhaps you will enlighten us with the applicable federal statute?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Perhaps you will enlighten us with the applicable federal statute?
    I'll help him out:

Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to aliens. Subsection 1324(a)(1)(i)-(v) prohibits alien smuggling, domestic transportation of unauthorized aliens, concealing or harboring unauthorized aliens, encouraging or inducing unauthorized aliens to enter the United States, and engaging in a conspiracy or aiding and abetting any of the preceding acts. Subsection 1324(a)(2) prohibits bringing or attempting to bring unauthorized aliens to the United States in any manner whatsoever, even at a designated port of entry. Subsection 1324(a)(3)
    Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.
    Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    This kind of action by a guy like Paduto is due to the liberal mentality that people have to do what they have to do to get what they want done even if it means breaking established law.
    Pittsburgh got a grant of $2,500,000 from Bloomberg. For "Green Energy".

I suspect that, like Wolf, Bloomberg promised Peduto something for his trouble. Wolf got $500,000 from Everytown.

Peduto was probably promised money or support if he "moved" on Bloomberg's control freak nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I sent the following letter to my state rep and senator. I also emailed the Allegheny County DA to see if he intends on holding the Mayor and Council accountable if/when they pass something.

Representative Marshal,

I’m writing as a concerned citizen about Pittsburgh’s proposed firearms ordinances which would violate state preemption. Specifically,

As a reminder, this is what Title 53 Section 2962(g) says;

"(g) Regulation of firearms.--A municipality shall not enact any ordinance or take any other action dealing with the regulation of the transfer, ownership, transportation or possession of firearms."

And

Title 18 Section 6120 says;

"Limitation on the regulation of firearms and ammunition.
    (a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    (a.1) No right of action.--
    (1) No political subdivision may bring or maintain an action at law or in equity against any firearms or ammunition manufacturer, trade association or dealer for damages, abatement, injunctive relief or any other relief or remedy resulting from or relating to either the lawful design or manufacture of firearms or ammunition or the lawful marketing or sale of firearms or ammunition to the public.
    (2) Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to prohibit a political subdivision from bringing or maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer or dealer for breach of contract or warranty as to firearms or ammunition purchased by the political subdivision."

Furthermore, from Ortiz v. Com, 1996 PA Supreme Court;

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. *287 Because the ownership of firearms is constitutionally protected, its regulation is a matter of statewide concern. The constitution does not provide that the right to bear arms shall not be questioned in any part of the commonwealth except Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, where it may be abridged at will, but that it shall not be questioned in any part of the commonwealth. Thus, regulation of firearms is a matter of concern in all of Pennsylvania, not merely in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, and the General Assembly, not city councils, is the proper forum for the imposition of such regulation."

I would like to know your stance on these proposed ordinances, and intentions should the Mayor and City Council continue with their illegal actions. How do you intend on handling citizens charged under these illegal ordinances? Is the legislature preparing to act? Is the legislature considering strengthening preemption?

I may not live in the city of Pittsburgh (in fact, I live 2 minutes from your office in Chippewa), but I travel to and through Pittsburgh frequently. I am a member of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust and my family is on the other side of Pittsburgh in Latrobe. What they propose would not only violate state law but burden me through my travels. The purpose of preemption is to prevent a patchwork of thousands of confusing local laws governing firearms and putting citizens in legal jeopardy by crossing town and city borders.

Can you imagine if the state didn’t have driver’s license preemption? Or what if your marriage license wasn’t recognized across the Commonwealth?

They are asking citizens to be more compliant with the law than they are. What I mean is, again, what they propose would violate the state’s statues, but they would expect me to obey their ordinances. In what logical realm does this make sense?

Finally, we are having a rally at 1200 on 1/7/19 at the City Council building in Pittsburgh. It would be wonderful if you could attend and speak, but I also understand that that’s short notice and that you may be out of place since it’s not in your district.

Thanks for your time and Happy New Year,
    Representative Marshal replied today.

It was short and not inspiring, but at least he replied.

"Justin, I share your concerns."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Representative Marshal replied today.

It was short and not inspiring, but at least he replied.

"Justin, I share your concerns."
    At least it wasn't a regurgitated copy & paste letter
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast