Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What happens when the DA refuses to file charges?
    Not sure, but I think they are only introducing it today. I read that they do not plan to make it final until the anniversary of the Florida school shooting. I am not sure anyone can do anything in response until it is finally adopted. Courts do not usually entertain challenges to laws that have not yet been enacted -- it is all speculative until that happens and courts have nothing to adjudicate until the law is put in front of them. In the meantime, Wolf is going to gin up as many cities and towns as he can to do the same thing. Then he is going to use the orchestrated groundswell to force the Legislature to repeal pre-emption. If he succeeds, then all these laws and worse will be legal in PA.

Not farfetched in my opinion, given how all the RINOs gave him HB2060 and were proud of it. They might have even have been told this was coming and are on board with it. Wolf is acting awfully sure of himself.

If the Legislature stands firm, then the cities have a real choice with consequences. They may adopt then or back down.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Excuse my ignorance but is this being held tomorrow at the court downtown Pittsburgh by the building where the ltcf is issued? I am not very familiar with Pittsburgh city Area. Assuming parking isn’t easy or reasonable?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but is this being held tomorrow at the court downtown Pittsburgh by the building where the ltcf is issued? I am not very familiar with Pittsburgh city Area. Assuming parking isn’t easy or reasonable?
    You're thinking of the courthouse. City Council chambers are in the City-County building across Forbes Avenue. It's the building with the big honkin' tree in the portico. Happy Holidays, serfs!

For parking, coming from the North Hills, I'd park at the West General Robinson St. garage on the North Shore($8 or $9 IIRC), go into the subway station beneath the garage, and take the T for free to Steel Plaza. The City-County Building is 2 blocks down Grant St.
    Last edited by scruff; December 17th, 2018 at 08:59 PM.

(Bucks County)

This just shows you how deceitful and crooked the Democratic politicians are...and Wolfie boy is just jumping along for the ride...for those that voted for him..SHAME!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    You're thinking of the courthouse. City Council chambers are in the City-County building across Forbes Avenue. It's the building with the big honkin' tree in the portico. Happy Holidays, serfs!

For parking, coming from the North Hills, I'd park at the West General Robinson St. garage on the North Shore($8 or $9 IIRC), go into the subway station beneath the garage, and take the T for free to Steel Plaza. The City-County Building is 2 blocks down Grant St.
    Thanks for all that info. And I thought I was confused before ! Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    This just shows you how deceitful and crooked the Democratic politicians are...and Wolfie boy is just jumping along for the ride...for those that voted for him..SHAME!
    He is not just along for the ride. He is driving this one. Peduto is a stage prop. Wolf, emboldened by gains in the last mid-terms and by the nearly complete GOP surrender on HB 2060 is going hard to make PA just like NY, NJ, CA etc.

bq-5c180a4d8b512.jpg

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Thanks for all that info. And I thought I was confused before ! Ha
    Haha It's easy once you know how. Use your phone to navigate to the West General Robinson St. garage. Go down into the subway and hop on. Get off at the third stop - Steel Plaza. Exit the station onto Grant Street, turn left, and look for the big Christmas tree two blocks down. Piece of cake!

(Allegheny County)

Is this council chamber/building it's in a gun-free zone? I'm probably going to take the bus down from the North Side so I need to know before I leave the house whether I can carry there since I can't just go back to my car and lock it up.

Also for those of us attending, is there a meet-up spot before or are we all just kind of going individually?

(Allegheny County)

I don’t know why but I can get around Toronto easy enough but pittsburgh - one turn an I am totally confused and turned around. Think I am going to pass as I’m not feeling adventurous in this weather.

(Allegheny County)

I don’t know why but I can get around Toronto easy enough but pittsburgh - one turn an I am totally confused and turned around. Think I am going to pass as I’m not feeling adventurous in this weather.
    I don't want to come across as dramatic... but that's how they win

Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast