Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Written by people who did not know the horror of automatic bullet-fire from high magazine capacity killer-guns of military power with bump things.

Times have changed. Men fuck men. Get over it and fuck the part of the constitution that applies to hunting!
    They did, however, know the horror of runaway government, and people in power trampling on others.

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    I would assume that FOPA would protect a non city resident traveling through the city with the banned items.

Hell if it didn't I'd be at risk for jail time just going to the range thanks to the ass backwards highway layout in this city.
    You may be protected in your car on the Interstate, but the moment you stop to gas up, relieve yourself, or visit a friend. They have you. Off to the Democrat Concentration Camp for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ar15_shooter View Post
    I'm not sure. I know the dems took all three open seats in the 2017 election to go from 3-2R to 5-2D. Not sure what the makeup was previously in 2008.

I don't trust any Democrat to operate with integrity regarding guns these days.

ETA: remember this is the court that decided it was ok to throw out the congressional map and draw their own new one last year.
    It is also the same court that threw out an enacted law that put real teeth into pre-emption. This Supreme Court is just a tool of the Democrats and do whatever Wolf and other anti-Constitution Democrats instruct them to do. If Peduto has been greasing the skids with these Democrat minions in advance, the outcome is predictable. Still, they have to have the issue put in front of them.

(Washington County)

Sixty days sounds like good enough notice for a fuck you rally.

(Allegheny County)

Dems know these proposed laws cannot be enforced and would violate Pa State law. ONLY the state Pa legislature can enact new gun laws, every local municipality is prohibited by state law. So why are they doing this. Self publicity, and to keep gun right activists on the defensive. Time for a gun march in downtown Pittsburgh.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    You may be protected in your car on the Interstate, but the moment you stop to gas up, relieve yourself, or visit a friend. They have you. Off to the Democrat Concentration Camp for you!
    And that's what I'm afraid of. Not just with City of Pittsburgh but with the other 8-9 municipalities I have to cross just to get to PMSC. Not to mention what if some tin pot dictator decides he wants to run PMSC out of town by banning scary assault weapons in North Versailles? If preemption fails EVERYONE will need to keeps tabs on the busybodys in their town. You'll have to be constantly vigilant that some pearl clutcher won't go to a township meeting and raise a shit fit about the nut jobs running around with assault weapons and why won't some one think of the children. I'm all for making your voice heard in local politics but that sounds fucking exhausting.

I'm with Justin on this. The day this stupid bullshit ban is to go into effect in Pittsburgh we need a MASSIVE show of noncompliance. I don't really give a shit about the cesspool that is City of Pittsburgh, it's the broader implications I'm more worried about.
    Last edited by KPShooting; December 14th, 2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: I a word

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Dems know these proposed laws cannot be enforced and would violate Pa State law. ONLY the state Pa legislature can enact new gun laws, every local municipality is prohibited by state law. So why are they doing this. Self publicity, and to keep gun right activists on the defensive. Time for a gun march in downtown Pittsburgh.
    Yep. "LOOK AT US! We're doing SOMETHING to stop GUN VIOLENCE!"
    Nothing but a show.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    It is also the same court that threw out an enacted law that put real teeth into pre-emption. This Supreme Court is just a tool of the Democrats and do whatever Wolf and other anti-Constitution Democrats instruct them to do. If Peduto has been greasing the skids with these Democrat minions in advance, the outcome is predictable. Still, they have to have the issue put in front of them.
    It's almost like they've been preparing for this for a while now.

I agree that I have little faith in the State SC being anything but a wing of the Dem party for now.

Do we have any recourse aside from the court system (let's keep it legal here)? Can the legislature do anything to enforce the laws on the books?

(Carbon County)

Three ‘Common Sense’ Gun Safety Bills To Be Introduced In Pittsburgh

December 14, 2018 at 10:38 amFiled Under:Bill Peduto, Gov. Tom Wolf, Gun Safety, Local TV, Pittsburgh City Council

Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – State and local leaders gathered in Pittsburgh to announce the details of three “common sense” gun safety bills, which will be introduced next week.

According to a press release, the bills are being introduced as a way to make “city streets, schools, places of worship and families safer.”

The following three bills will be introduced to City Council on Tuesday:

An assault weapons ban making it unlawful to man manufacture, sell, purchase, transport, carry, store, or otherwise hold in one’s possession an assault weapon within the City, such as the Colt AR-15 automatic rifle used in the Tree of Life shooting

An accessories, ammunition and modification ban barring items such as bump stocks, armor-penetrating bullets, sawed-off rifles and large capacity magazines often used in mass shootings

Adoption of Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPOs), which enable courts to temporarily prohibit a person from having guns if law enforcement or immediate family members show that the individual poses a significant danger

Gov. Tom Wolf joined Mayor Bill Peduto and City Council members Corey O’Connor and Erika Strassburger at Friday’s event.

“I stand in solidarity with all those in Pittsburgh and across the commonwealth looking to make their communities safer,” Gov. Wolf said. “Earlier this year, I signed the first major gun safety bill in decades in Pennsylvania.

It was long overdue, but we still have a lot of work to do, in Harrisburg and in Washington. I’ll continue to champion commonsense gun safety at the state level and urge Washington to live up to its responsibilities.”

“No one in America wants a country where guns make our schools unsafe for children, families afraid in places of worship, and where our streets are stained every day with innocent blood,” Mayor Peduto said. “The morality we all share, across every race, gender, ethnicity, region and religion, compels us to take action.”
    https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018...SWc5SaXkrsFT3U
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

From the article:

"such as the Colt AR-15 automatic rifle"

Once again proving the MSM has no clue what they are talking about, and is just another branch of the democratic party spouting gun control.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 8 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast