Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Peduto just posted about his gun grab on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...id=17790106373
    Alright, that did it. I'm your huckleberry. Say when.

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

So does this mean pro gun Mayors in anti gun states can now allow once banned firearms within their city limits?

Before I get my boxers in a knot I have a feeling that guys like Adam Kraut and Price law firm are going to be filing some law suits about 6 seconds after Mayer Potato opens his shit chute.

Now if somehow hello freezes over and this actually goes into effect and the proper channels of law break down , well then it's time to bring some of that French protest spirit we have been seems my over to the Yinzers in the Berg.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 5th, 2018 at 10:54 PM.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Per state law, at what point does he officially violate state law and what are his potential repercussions? Who would be able to bring charges against him?
    He (and others) officially violate state law (18 Pa. C.S. 6120) when he signs off on a city ordinanc
    e regulating the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

Any resident of the City of Pittsburgh would have standing to file a Private Criminal Complaint against not only the mayor, but all city council members who approved said ordinance. Of course, our state's court system might insist that the complainant actually has been prosecuted for violation of the ordinance, unlike Federal courts where one may file because they fear prosecution of an illegal law.

The Private Criminal Complaint would cite violation of Section 6120 of the Uniform Firearms Act, Section 5301 (Official Oppression), and Section 903 (Conspiracy).

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

He (and others) officially violate state law (18 Pa. C.S. 6120) when he signs off on a city ordinanc
    e regulating the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

Any resident of the City of Pittsburgh would have standing to file a Private Criminal Complaint against not only the mayor, but all city council members who approved said ordinance. Of course, our state's court system might insist that the complainant actually has been prosecuted for violation of the ordinance, unlike Federal courts where one may file because they fear prosecution of an illegal law.

The Private Criminal Complaint would cite violation of Section 6120 of the Uniform Firearms Act, Section 5301 (Official Oppression), and Section 903 (Conspiracy).

The rest of us have money. Money talks, talks loud. I won't hesitate to put down some scratch on this cause.

I'll be damned if some suburban soccer Mom gets it into her head to emulate Bill Peduto, except to take a note from his failure and not try it herself.

I bet that Bloomberg is backing this play with money. Fine. A bunch of us together can put more money on one spot than his honor. Let's party, your honor. You cannot ruin all of us or outspend us either.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 6th, 2018 at 12:07 AM.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post

Thank you. So this is where it can start with a private citizen, as it appears that anyone with a "D" after their name, including the state attorney general, will be looking the other way on this issue, if not justifying their need to break state law "for he children." I am not a Pittsburgh resident, but I am willing to contribute to a legal fund to bring this lawbreaker down.

I am not up to speed on what is proposed, but it seems that we're talking city ordinances banning certain firearms.

If so, you may want to first go to a city meeting and at "courtesy of the floor" read a statement from an attorney (Josh Prince perhaps, but pay him - don't expect free service) where the statement assures the council that they would be breaking the law and promises to support anyone with standing and immediately sue the city and council members individually both civilly and criminally the penalty for which is up to 5 years in prison.

We did this in Allentown (3rd largest city in PA) and they yielded, choosing to vote down the ordinance even though the Mayor directed them to pass it.

It would be good if in the statement, you can reference multiple organizations as the lawyer's clients, PAFOA, maybe FOAC will join in, I can say that the Lehigh Valley Tea Party would likely sign on, and a few others could.

PS: if you do this, the lawyer should send the letter to each councilperson individually for receipt prior to the city meeting.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Thank you. So this is where it can start with a private citizen, as it appears that anyone with a "D" after their name, including the state attorney general, will be looking the other way on this issue, if not justifying their need to break state law "for he children." I am not a Pittsburgh resident, but I am willing to contribute to a legal fund to bring this lawbreaker down.
    If the law, assuming it passes, would also criminalize activity of non-residents visiting or traveling through Pittsburgh, it seems to me anyone from PA would have standing. The problem with all these one by one municipal gun bans is that it puts anyone traveling with a firearm, accessories or ammo at risk of prosecution for laws they could not know or understand.

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I am not up to speed on what is proposed, but it seems that we're talking city ordinances banning certain firearms.

If so, you may want to first go to a city meeting and at "courtesy of the floor" read a statement from an attorney (Josh Prince perhaps, but pay him - don't expect free service) where the statement assures the council that they would be breaking the law and promises to support anyone with standing and immediately sue the city and council members individually both civilly and criminally the penalty for which is up to 5 years in prison.

We did this in Allentown (3rd largest city in PA) and they yielded, choosing to vote down the ordinance even though the Mayor directed them to pass it.

It would be good if in the statement, you can reference multiple organizations as the lawyer's clients, PAFOA, maybe FOAC will join in, I can say that the Lehigh Valley Tea Party would likely sign on, and a few others could.

PS: if you do this, the lawyer should send the letter to each councilperson individually for receipt prior to the city meeting.
    I like that idea because it gives politicians are a legitimate good reason not to pass the law while virtue signalling their support for it philosophically. A confrontational showdown with them is likely to make it harder for them to back down and take the smart way out.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post

If someone gets this rolling I'll be chipping in. Guaranteed I will back this with money and time.

You want to send me to prison so that you can feel better? No way, red ryder, let's party in Court.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    If the law, assuming it passes, would also criminalize activity of non-residents visiting or traveling through Pittsburgh, it seems to me anyone from PA would have standing. The problem with all these one by one municipal gun bans is that it puts anyone traveling with a firearm, accessories or ammo at risk of prosecution for laws they could not know or understand.
    I would assume that FOPA would protect a non city resident traveling through the city with the banned items.

Hell if it didn't I'd be at risk for jail time just going to the range thanks to the ass backwards highway layout in this city.

Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast