Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I agree the process is in place for this to happen, but I don't expect I'll ever live to see the day when ANY elected official in PA is held criminally liable for any action that restricts gun rights, no matter how egregious their public statements of arrogance and intent before the fact.
    I don't expect that the DA would prosecute either. The big boys above him are criminals and thugs. They'll threaten his family and career.

However, the civil complaint should go through to conclusion. The problem being that again, it eventually ends up in the PA Supreme Court which is an overwhelming majority Demorat.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

I'm pretty sure that the DA DOES "agree" with the mayor - or at least some of what he's trying to accomplish "in the name of safety" - he's said as much publicly when he was bashed for DARING to point out the obvious - that what the mayor and council are planning is not legal.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I don't expect that the DA would prosecute either. The big boys above him are criminals and thugs. They'll threaten his family and career.

However, the civil complaint should go through to conclusion. The problem being that again, it eventually ends up in the PA Supreme Court which is an overwhelming majority Demorat.
    That last sentence is what worries me.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Indiana County)

But we won't know anything until it's tried.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    But we won't know anything until it's tried.
    And it won't be tried until it's charged...

(Indiana County)

Rule 506. Approval of Private Complaints.

(A) When the affiant is not a law enforcement officer, the complaint shall be submitted to an attorney for the Commonwealth, who shall approve or disapprove it without unreasonable delay.
    (B) If the attorney for the Commonwealth:
    (1) approves the complaint, the attorney shall indicate this decision on the complaint form and transmit it to the issuing authority;
    (2) disapproves the complaint, the attorney shall state the reasons on the complaint form and return it to the affiant. Thereafter, the affiant may petition the court of common pleas for review of the decision.

(Lancaster County)

(A) When the affiant is not a law enforcement officer, the complaint shall be submitted to an attorney for the Commonwealth, who shall approve or disapprove it without unreasonable delay.
    (1) approves the complaint, the attorney shall indicate this decision on the complaint form and transmit it to the issuing authority;
    (2) disapproves the complaint, the attorney shall state the reasons on the complaint form and return it to the affiant. Thereafter, the affiant may petition the court of common pleas for review of the decision.
    That leave to question do the attorney or judge need to be within that jurisdiction? I know one court of common pleas judge that would be all over this but he is east of Pittsburgh about 35 miles...

(Franklin County)

Reason: "Prosecutorial discretion"
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Indiana County)

And the Allegheny County District Attorney declining to prosecute due to "prosecutorial discretion" can, theoretically, be overruled by the Court of Common Pleas.

(Allegheny County)

Sigh, I cant wait to move out of the city...

These bills are unconstitutional let alone idiotic.

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast