Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Wtf? Seriously these freaking tyrants breaking the law and they don't give a crap.
    A test case is needed. Some LTCF holder will have to get arrested (that will give him/her standing) and then they need to sue the pants off the Mayor and any council members who voted for the law.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto pushing for bans on assault weapons and more.

Quote Originally Posted by shopteacher View Post
    The mayor knows nothing legal is going to happen if he pushes this agenda. However being a duly elected official sworn to uphold the laws of this state i say he’s in violation of that oath promoting passage of an illegal bill. The courts have ruled that no body may supersede the state laws on gun control. Why isn’t the DOJ on this?
    The Progressives learned something while Obama was President. If nobody indicts, nobody goes to jail.

How many people went to prison for "Fast and Furious"?

How many people went to prison for the Solyndra loan fraud?

How many people went to prison when Obama ordered US forces to bomb Libya without Congressional approval?

Who gave that "Czar" the power to hand over GM Common Stock to the UAW? Why wasn't that challenged by the US Justice Department?

We used to call Obama's Justice Department the "Just Us" department.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 19th, 2018 at 09:24 PM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Sign a petition here - https://www.standunited.org/petition...ouncil-gun-ban

It's up to 6455

(Allegheny County)

Do you give your full surname ? It shows peoples first names and last name Initial or is that just for Internet anonymity ?

(Allegheny County)

So the more I read these bills, the more I'm convinced whoever wrote them is a total idiot. If the City Solicitor had to review them before being published, they need to be fired. If the City Solicitor didn't review them, whoever OK'd them to be published needs to be fired - and that's just from typos, omissions, contradictory language, and a general lack of writing ability.

Has anyone put together a comprehensive summary of what these proposals actually ban and restrict? Because it goes a whole lot further than the NRA press release that's earlier in (i think) this thread, and the more I read the actual language the more pissed off I'm getting.

This went from me going "Eh, It's an AWB. It'll make it to the courts and get struck down," to realizing what they're trying to get *to* the courts. They're trying to get a carry ban, a ban on pretty much all guns other than revolvers, lever action .22s, non-autoloading shotguns, and fixed magazine bolt guns. The legislation bans the guns that can accept magazines over 10 rounds. So almost any semi-auto handgun, any box fed semi-auto rifle, your grandpas SMLE, Ruger precision rifles - anything that can take a magazine holding over 10. Even if all you have are 10's, if a 12 or 15 round exists anywhere, your gun is an assault weapon.

----------------------
    C. Assault Weapon. Any of the following, but not including any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable, unassembled parts or a combination parts possessed for the purposes of repairing or servicing a lawfully-possessed firearm:

1. A selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or a firearm that has the ability to accept a large capacity magazine;

----------------------

If this gets to court and it gets upheld (unlikely) or emboldens the legislature to try to repeal preemption (likely), then we're seeing what they want every little fiefdom to have the ability to enact.

If there was a list that had what these laws do, with the language - I'm pretty sure it would get a lot more people a LOT more pissed off about what they're trying to pull here.
    Last edited by JustinR; December 19th, 2018 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Sign a petition here - https://www.standunited.org/petition...ouncil-gun-ban

It's up to 6455
    Signed and up to 6521 now.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    So the more I read these bills, the more I'm convinced whoever wrote them is a total idiot. If the City Solicitor had to review them before being published, they need to be fired. If the City Solicitor didn't review them, whoever OK'd them to be published needs to be fired - and that's just from typos, omissions, contradictory language, and a general lack of writing ability.

Has anyone put together a comprehensive summary of what these proposals actually ban and restrict? Because it goes a whole lot further than the NRA press release that's earlier in (i think) this thread, and the more I read the actual language the more pissed off I'm getting.

This went from me going "Eh, It's an AWB. It'll make it to the courts and get struck down," to realizing what they're trying to get *to* the courts. They're trying to get a carry ban, a ban on pretty much all guns other than revolvers, lever action .22s, non-autoloading shotguns, and fixed magazine bolt guns. The legislation bans the guns that can accept magazines over 10 rounds. So almost any semi-auto handgun, any box fed semi-auto rifle, your grandpas SMLE, Ruger precision rifles - anything that can take a magazine holding over 10. Even if all you have are 10's, if a 12 or 15 round exists anywhere, your gun is an assault weapon.

----------------------
    C. Assault Weapon. Any of the following, but not including any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable, unassembled parts or a combination parts possessed for the purposes of repairing or servicing a lawfully-possessed firearm:

1. A selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or a firearm that has the ability to accept a large capacity magazine;

----------------------

If this gets to court and it gets upheld (unlikely) or emboldens the legislature to try to repeal preemption (likely), then we're seeing what they want every little fiefdom to have the ability to enact.

If there was a list that had what these laws do, with the language - I'm pretty sure it would get a lot more people a LOT more pissed off about what they're trying to pull here.
    Adam Kraut Esc. Goes over it here.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Adam Kraut Esc. Goes over it here.

He did hit on the carry ban, which I'm happy to see.

But he talks around the AW definition,and doesn't flat out say "this will make your 1911, Beretta 92, and every Glock ever made an assault weapon".

I'm not sure if people are making this connection.

(Allegheny County)

He needs a spellchecker. (burgh)

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    So it begins!

FICG Files Letter on Behalf of ACSL and FOAC in Response to Pittsburgh's Proposed Illegal Firearm Ordinances
    Today, in advance of Pittsburgh City Council's December 18th meeting to formally announce its illegal firearm proposals, Firearms Industry Consulting Group® (FICG®), a division of Civil Rights Defense Firm, P.C., on behalf of its clients, Allegheny County Sportsmen's League and Firearm Owners Against Crime (FOAC), filed a letter in opposition to the proposals; wherein, Chief Counsel Joshua Prince explains the constitutional and statutory protections and case law precluding such regulation.
    In the event Pittsburgh moves forward with the proposals, ACSL and FOAC will take legal action against the City and request that Allegheny County District Attorney Zappala file criminal charges against the Mayor and City Council for violations of 18 Pa.C.S. § 5301 (official oppression) and 18 Pa.C.S. § 6120 (preemption). A copy of the joint press release by ACSL and FOAC is available here.
    If you are in a position to be able to support this matter, ACSL and FOAC would greatly appreciate donations, which can be made online through the Firm’s escrow account here – https://secure.lawpay.com/pages/civi...ensefirm/trust. Simply place "ACSL/FOAC Pittsburgh Preemption Litigation" in the reference box.
    If you or someone you know has been the victim of an unlawful municipal firearm or ammunition regulation or ordinance, contact FICG today to discuss your options.
    Details of the bill in question can be found here.
    more info: https://blog.princelaw.com/2018/12/1...rm-ordinances/

Thank you for your continued support!
    Thank you for this.

And if preemption goes away, so will I.
    I will move out of the state.

Being a law abiding gun owner, this would create a legal nightmare for the average gun owner.
    Each city or town would become a legal landmine for otherwise law abiding citizens.
    The gun laws of Pennsylvania would become the law of this city, or that municipality. Something that would be unintentionally transform the average person unknowingly into a criminal.

Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast