Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Some store stopping selling toy guns

Quick seg on Ch 3 TV. Will see what it's about after 11pm. Local man requested it. Stand by...

PHILADELPHIA (KYW Newsradio) — In a video that's circulating on multiple social media platforms, a group of men can be seen entering the Lehigh Avenue Supermarket in the Swampdoodle section of North Philadelphia and confronting the store's workers about the company's decision to sell real-looking toy guns popular among kids and teens.

One man can be heard saying, "My grandson who brought this, you know how old he is? He's 10. He's 10!"

Embedded video

Antoine Johnson

@HouseofTalentPa
    North Philadelphia residents confront store owner for selling life like toy guns in their neighborhood... @NBCPhiladelphia @FOX29philly @CBSPhilly @6abc @shaunking @sahluwal @JeniceArmstrong @Christie_Ileto @GMA @TheRoot full 16min video courtesy of Samad Starks #standupphilly

2:37 PM - Dec 1, 2018
    3,369 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Anti-violence activist Terry Starks, with Express Urself Urban Crisis Response Center, is one of the men who confronted the store about selling the realistic toy guns.

"We let them know we're not coming to bother your store, but we just want to get the guns out of the store," Starks said.

"They wasn't just selling guns, they were selling guns with silencers on. Guns with scope beams on them, like little 32 revolvers," Starks said. "When you see a kid pulling these guns out, you're going to be alarmed because at the end of the day you don't know if it's real or fake, and our job is to start with the fake."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

I can see adults being concerned that a kid could wind up getting shot holding one of the toys in a stupid move. It's not like when I was a kid, and toy guns were so obviously not real. Today's molded plastics are a different story. Sad times.
    Last edited by Bang; December 4th, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

Default Re: Some store stopping selling toy guns

you're going to be alarmed because at the end of the day you don't know if it's real or fake, and our job is to start with the fake."
    NO YOUR JOB is to raise your sons to be good men and your daughters to respect themselves, once you do that everything else falls into line.
    Last edited by Hodgie; December 4th, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

(Berks County)

I was of the mind that they would think real guns were toys. With today's world, they could be shot for waving a toy. Not quite the same world as in the '50s and '60s.

(Delaware County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hodgie again.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Philadelphia County)

I thought that stores bowed to public pressure and stopped selling toy guns long ago.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I thought that stores bowed to public pressure and stopped selling toy guns long ago.
    Same here. I can recall in the young 80’s finding toy MAC-11/380s and MP40s, then they went to being molded in bright colors - then vanishing in the stores.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

Some of the toy guns I had in the 80s and 70s were pretty real looking. Ejectible magazines, bolt retraction..

If someone in the hood is afraid of their kids playing with toy guns and what could happen...someone needs to be a better parent.

(Delaware County)

OK, maybe I'm setting myself up to be bashed but... I never got toy guns for my boys. I felt that the usual play, such as I did when I was their age, would leave me with many bad habits to make them unlearn. Bad habits include painting people with the barrel, twirling, sloppy handling, etc. I did introduce them to gun safety at an early age (5) with very close supervision. They're both in their 30s now. One won medals in competition and carried during his college career (KU), the other was not interested and doesn't handle them.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

"They wasn't just selling guns, they were selling guns with silencers on. Guns with scope beams on them, like little 32 revolvers," Starks said.

Every kid wants a .32 with a scope beam.

The demasculinization of America is spreading... What do they want to have boys play with?
    Growing up we had guns, 22 rifles, military toys, played army, laser blasters, cap guns, bb guns, everyone had pocket knives, bikes without helmets and crash pads, stood in the back seat, what's a car seat? We would get in normal everyday fist fights, played in the woods, hunted, fished and had none of the problems of today.

Kids aren't being taught about the real world, right and wrong or self control. They are sheltered and treated like special little snowflakes.
    Now everytime one of these now adult snowflakes sees or hears something they have been sheltered from or told by their leftist parents to avoid. They have a meltdown and make a huge federal case out of it.

I wish we had paint ball and airsoft back then, we just used bb guns, BBs don't tickle, but we were smart enough to have safety rules... I still have both my eyes and no one was ever seriously injured ... lol.
    Last edited by :-); December 4th, 2018 at 04:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast