Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mouse guns - who's got one?

Beretta Bobcat.jpg

I have a Beretta Bobcat in .25 ACP I bought a long time ago.

(Montgomery County)

With the advent of affordable single stack 9mms..... there's really no point besides the cool factor.

(Bucks County)

I 86'd my LCP and G43 in favor of a Sig 365. It fits all my needs, and I can carry it with shorts and tee shirt if necessary.

But no....I'd never carry anything less then a 9mm for serious protection.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    With the advent of affordable single stack 9mms..... there's really no point besides the cool factor.
    I disagree and I will tell you why.

I pretty much daily carry a G43 and a spare mag with a +2 Vickers ext. I carry IWB appendix style. It's comfortable enough but you know it's there when you bend over and get in and out of the car. If I carry my TCP in the same exact place I can pretty much do just about everything there is to do with no discomfort and little to no chance of ever printing or having to adjust it while it's under clothing.

There are places and people who will not allow CC in their business or workplaces and if one still chooses to go to their place of employment and remain armed (I am not condoning this as we all have to make our own choices) You have a much less chance of being spotted or hindered by a LCP or smaller then you would a G43 or a P365. Some people have to wear more fitted clothing or suits and your not going to stuff a P365 or G43 in it's smallest config in a pocket and have it be swallowed up completely.

While these gun's are not optimal for 95% of things in the gun world they do serve a large purpose for many people and it's proven by their sales numbers especially the LCP.

(Allegheny County)

The problem with the very small 9's is the felt recoil. They are very uncomfortable to shoot, which can cause one to flinch resulting in reduced control. If you don't practice with it enough because it's no fun to shoot, then I suspect you're not going to be where you should be when it comes to deploying it for real.

I'd rather reduce the caliber on a "pocket pistol" and the associated felt recoil to make it more enjoyable to practice with it. I sold my P3AT (380) and moved to the P32 (32 ACP) and never looked back. And no, I'm not recoil sensitive.
    Last edited by Hawk; December 4th, 2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Elk County)

I have a Kel-Tec P32 for BUG / hideout duty.

I don't like shooting it, but it's better than a sharp stick.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    The problem with the very small 9's is the felt recoil. They are very uncomfortable to shoot, which can cause one to flinch resulting in reduced control. If you don't practice with it enough because it's no fun to shoot, then I suspect you're not going to be where you should be when it comes to deploying it for real.

I'd rather reduce the caliber on a "pocket pistol" and the associated felt recoil to make it more enjoyable to practice with it. I sold my P3AT (380) and moved to the P32 (32 ACP) and never looked back. And no, I'm not recoil sensitive.
    What do you consider a very small 9? I have fired a G43 with 124gr +P, and did not find it at all unpleasant.

(Chester County)

Back in the late 80's I had an original manufacturer Raven .25 for about a year. It would have been better to have finger cutouts so the piece of metal that was called a firearm could be used like brass knuckles instead. Normally you could get maybe one magazine to fire all it's rounds between the five that would jam up. Total piece of junk not to mention the .25 acp being a piss off round. You're more likely to just piss someone off if you shoot them with it. I traded that Raven in and got $30 and used the money toward a Remington 1100 20 gauge shot gun. In my time mouse guns were always a reference to gun that shot 9mm.

Raven .25 (no finger cutouts)

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    What do you consider a very small 9? I have fired a G43 with 124gr +P, and did not find it at all unpleasant.
    I think the G43 and P356 are the smallest 9's that are still somewhat comfortable to shoot especially with an extended grip. When you get down to the size of the Kahr PM/CM9 all bets are off at least for me.

Out of all the current single stack 9mm's I think the Shield is the easiest to shoot and most accurate followed by the P365. My accuracy goes down when I switch to the G43 which is my EDC.

(Bucks County)

Recoil can be relative. Pretty sure that recoil would not be something one would be noticing very much in a must stop the threat situation.

The P3AT in my front (trousers/denims) pocket can do far more toward stopping a threat than I can do physically myself alone.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast