I am not sure if this is the correct place or not.

First thing, I do have a valid PA LTCF.

Unfortunatley, I have the need to travel into Philly to take my wife for medical care not available locally. Having had the bad fortune of her discharge from the hospital coming shortly after a scheduled shutdown of the PA Turnpike for over night construction, we were foreced to travel through North Philly around 1AM in the morning, let me just say that was "a bit concerning" since due ot medical reasons my wife's mobility was very limited.

So, with all of that said and since my wife continues to require medical care that will bring us back to Philly frequently, I have updaged my carry pistol to a larger caliber and also purchased a Mossberg Shockwave, as the sites of the late night trip made a profound impression.

My understanding is since I have a valid LTCF, I am able to carry a loaded firearm (hand gun or other) within my vehicle, and if needed, I am able to walk the city streets... not that I plan to... My concern is if we again are forced to travel at night through North Philly, my vehicle becomes or something worse occurs (use you imagination after watching the Philly news) and I need to move my wife to a safe place while possibly pushing her in a wheel chair.

I appreciate any suggestions and please remember my purpose is to keep my wife safe and avoid problems, legal or otherwise.

Thank You