Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave and concealed carry or loaded whil carried in a Car

I am assuming you are going to Temple or Einstein Hospital. What routes are you taking that puts you into the heart of North Philly?

I got a Shockwave more as a novelty, because I didn’t think they would remain legal. But as someone else said, train, train, train with it. You need two hands to shoot it as compared to a pistol.

I would reconsider my route into Philly as a first step in self preservation. While sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances, there is usually alternatives to driving thru the worst parts.

Default Re: Mossberg Shockwave and concealed carry or loaded whil carried in a Car

Do not conceal a shockwave. They exist I. A gray area of non nfa because of overall length of 26" (an arbitrary number that they see as non concealable) concealing it could end up with charges of having an unregistered aow.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    Do not conceal a shockwave. They exist I. A gray area of non nfa because of overall length of 26" (an arbitrary number that they see as non concealable) concealing it could end up with charges of having an unregistered aow.
    By that logic placing it in a car would make it concealed. PSP says otherwise. See post #2.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Couple of extra mags for your primary carry gun should be step 1.

If
    IF
    IF.... the shockwave is a pistol ( I don't know)........
    You will be OK legally... eventually.

I cannot imagine any beat cop knowing the item in question is legal, because for years and years the only way to create something like that is to cut down a shotgun. And it is still illegal to reduce the barrel length to less than 18", as far as I know.
    So you are gonna face lots of legal buffoonery if the tool gets used, or Officer Friendly spots it and gets all proactive on you.

How much time / $ do you want to spend dealing with it?

Consider...
    You are driving a weapon. It's expensive, but it's a weapon.

AR15 pistols are a thing and they ARE pistols. Lots of badass firepower there.
    Not a pistol. No license to carry pistols anyway. It’s a firearm.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    AOW is NFA and costs a stamp and all the rest. It’s not gray. It’s a firearm.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I suspect if you get stopped at 1 AM in Philadelphia with a shokwave a judge will be answering your question. Not that night, but when you go to court.

It should be legal and you should not be hassled..........but this is what I suspect will happen.

Good luck.

Probably right.

(Montgomery County)

Judges and police know what shockwaves are lol they are usually gun nuts too and there quite a few on here lol

Btw if the shockwave is a must look in to the new mag fed ones. Also, if you are right handed and use a single point sling, you can run it cross body over left shoulder allowing you to carry just under jacket and out of site on your right side and able to pivot and fire 1 handed if needed in an emergency. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    AOW is NFA and costs a stamp and all the rest. It’s not gray. It’s a firearm.
    I'm well aware what an aow is.... if you change the grip tone standard pistolgrip on a shockwave it becomes an aow, because of length. You conceal one of these 26.whatever" firearms on your person and you'll be looking for trouble. "Any other weapon" is a "catch-all" category. An AOW as defined as "any weapon or device capable of being concealed on the person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive," other than a handgun with a rifled barrel".

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Judges and police know what shockwaves are lol they are usually gun nuts too and there quite a few on here lol
    not even sort of true. please disregard all legal advice from anyone whose name implies they are an icp fan for life.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    not even sort of true. please disregard all legal advice from anyone whose name implies they are an icp fan for life.
    Hahahaha
    Since when does commenting that there are police who know what shockwaves are, constitute offering legal advice?
    Or are you assuming there's no law enforcement who are pro 2a/pafoa?

Secondly, as far as my screen name, this name was used as far back as me being about 11 or 12. It was easy to remember so I used it here to sign up around the age 17/18. I didn't feel the need when coming back to PAFOA recently to create a new account when I had a functioning one already.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast