Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Legal?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    I thought Wolf already made it clear that that kind of "emergency" ^^did not pertain.
    !. What Wolf said [link]:

“The governor's declaration does not allow for law enforcement to confiscate firearms, and the governor worked with law enforcement to ensure that his actions to fight this epidemic have no impact on citizens and their firearm rights," the statement said. "Any implication otherwise to score cheap political points around the greatest public health crisis in our lifetimes is flat-out wrong.”

“The law specifically does not allow for any firearms to be seized, taken or confiscated as a result of the disaster declaration," the statement continued. "A declaration specifically has no effect on people with a concealed firearms license, someone using a firearm with an active hunting license or someone open carrying a firearm if actively engaged in self-defense."
    Bolded (mine) does not apply to the OP situation and simply regurgitates what is contained in 6107 itself.

2. Judicially binding interpretations of statutes do not emanate from a Governor's office. See Price Law Firm Blog [link].

3. Anyone aware if there has been anything further since January on this issue?
    IANAL

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    To be fair, I think father-of-three - who is a resident of PRNJ - was speaking of non-resident car carry, which *he* can do. Though it's good to know, as the rest of you have pointed out, that PA residents are not considered "persons", as in "any other person" who can car carry with any out-of-state license or permit.
    Thank you. The context of the exception is for nonresidents, so my comment to the op, a resident of the great state of Pennsylvania, was incorrect. Sorry about that.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Thank you. The context of the exception is for nonresidents, so my comment to the op, a resident of the great state of Pennsylvania, was incorrect. Sorry about that.
    *Commonwealth

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    *Commonwealth
    Absolutely. But I do like the "Great state" rhyme and I did not think a three syllable word that rhymes with Commonwealth would do it for me.

(Lackawanna County)

If the area is not safe then leaving a shotgun in you car with ammo is not a good idea. Why can't you get a safe and leave it in your house or apartment? Of course if you are a student they will not let you keep it in the dorm.

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Absolutely. But I do like the "Great state" rhyme and I did not think a three syllable word that rhymes with Commonwealth would do it for me.
    The mental health commonwealth of PA? The hoarded wealth commonwealth of PA? The liberal stealth commonwealth of PA? The elf on a shelf commonwealth?

But, to stay on topic, keeping a gun and ammo in a car is a bad idea... especially in a questionable neighborhood. Just wait until you're 21, lad.

(Chester County)

If SHTF you're not going to have time to get to it then load it then use it anyway so...

(Bucks County)

Wait a few years and you can carry this loaded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123