Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legal?

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Legal?

I live far from philly, just north of Pittsburgh. As for leaving it in the car, that's something I was thinking about. Not really too keen on taking it into the house with me everytime I come home. Kind of why i never understood the idea of a "defensive trunk gun". I guess the best idea is to wait until I'm 21

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I'd be concerned about Philly PD's interpretation of this:

§ 6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or

(2) such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).
    Also of concern since we are still under the opioid emergency proclamation (#1.4) which seems to be extended for 90 day increments without an end in sight:

§ 6107. Prohibited conduct during emergency.

(a) General rule.--No person shall carry a firearm upon the public streets or upon any public property during an emergency proclaimed by a State or municipal governmental executive unless that person is:

(1) Actively engaged in a defense of that person's life or property from peril or threat.

(2) Licensed to carry firearms under section 6109 (relating to licenses) or is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).

(b) Seizure, taking and confiscation.--Except as otherwise provided under subsection (a) and notwithstanding the provisions of 35 Pa.C.S. Ch. 73 (relating to Commonwealth services) or any other provision of law to the contrary, no firearm, accessory or ammunition may be seized, taken or confiscated during an emergency unless the seizure, taking or confiscation would be authorized absent the emergency.

(c) Definitions.--As used in this section, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings given to them in this subsection:

"Accessory." Any scope, sight, bipod, sling, light, magazine, clip or other related item that is attached to or necessary for the operation of a firearm.

"Firearm." The term includes any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel any projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any weapon.
    IANAL

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bumilicious View Post
    I live far from philly, just north of Pittsburgh. As for leaving it in the car, that's something I was thinking about. Not really too keen on taking it into the house with me everytime I come home. Kind of why i never understood the idea of a "defensive trunk gun". I guess the best idea is to wait until I'm 21
    See previous post. There is currently a restriction state-wide due to the emergency proclamation.
    IANAL

(Bucks County)

I thought Wolf already made it clear that that kind of "emergency" ^^did not pertain.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I'd be concerned about Philly PD's interpretation of this:

§ 6108. Carrying firearms on public streets or public property in Philadelphia.

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or

(2) such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license).
    I was hoping that a republican governor would end the endless opioid emergency, but i am guessing there will now be 4th more years of out of state resident open carry restriction. You can carry in you car with another state's nonresident carry permit.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I was hoping that a republican governor would end the endless opioid emergency, but i am guessing there will now be 4th more years of out of state resident open carry restriction. You can carry in you car with another state's nonresident carry permit.
    No, you can't.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Luzerne County)

You can carry in you car with another state's nonresident carry permit.
    Nope, not anymore. That was shot down a few years ago. Now, if you are a PA resident, you must have a PA LTCF.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Nope, not anymore. That was shot down a few years ago. Now, if you are a PA resident, you must have a PA LTCF.
    Wasn't that one of Kane's first "accomplishments"?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Wasn't that one of Kane's first "accomplishments"?
    I thought it was MDJSchool's fault. But I could be mistaken.

(Delaware County)

No, you can't.
    To be fair, I think father-of-three - who is a resident of PRNJ - was speaking of non-resident car carry, which *he* can do. Though it's good to know, as the rest of you have pointed out, that PA residents are not considered "persons", as in "any other person" who can car carry with any out-of-state license or permit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast