Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Pencil Barrel Lightweight Mid Length 5.56 Carbine

I like that rail. Might have to grab one.

(Allegheny County)

Added Magpul sling mount, Gear Sector sling, and SIG TREAD stubby fore grip, hand stop, barricade stop, and "rail" cover.
    All that's left to do is install the slim VG6 Epsilon muzzle device and get a different trigger guard and it will be done.

I was going to just use paracord to attach the sling to the hand guard, but those slots have slightly sharp edges, and I wondered if it would eventually fray the paracord, so when I saw the sling mount on clearance for $12, I went that route instead.

I had considered offset 45 degree flip up BUIS, but (a) they cost money, and (b) what are the odds I actually need them?
    This scope has an etched reticle, so even with no battery, you can still use it - in daylight.
    I'll probably upgrade the scope at some point to a better quality, but retain the same style optic.

Last edited by Emptymag; February 2nd, 2020 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I never posted the other pics of the new accessories. Here are some better shots of the Sig fore grip and hand stop kit.
    I got a lot of use out of the two kits I bought, equipping 4 different guns with varying pieces.

Barricade stop on the right. I used one as a hand stop on the bottom of another gun.

I used the larger of the two hand stops in the kit on the bottom front. (I didn't use the stubby one on this rifle)
    The short forward grip has a slight angle on one side so you can position it the way you want it simply by flipping it the other way and seeing which direction works best before locking it down.
    The way I have these set up, I can grip it several different ways and use the hand stop to either prevent my hand from moving forward, or by hooking my index finger over the front edge, I can pull back on it a little for a more secure grip.
    The vertical grip is also used more like a hand stop to apply rearward pressure. Hard to explain, but so far I like it.

Also, the hand stop can be flipped so you can have the "hook" facing either direction.
    The kit includes rail panels in the long size seen on the side , as well as several short sections so you can configure them the way they fit best for you.
    I wanted to add a short piece on the bottom to fill the gap between the hand stop and the ront edge of teh vertical grip, but the gas block is there, and with the slim hand guard, there isn't enough space for the M-Lok nut.

I like the Magpul sling mount a lot. It's very solid, and gave me a mounting point right where I wanted it.

This is morphing into something I'm really happy with.

(Allegheny County)

well you will sure look like an Operator with that set up ..Very nice

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    well you will sure look like an Operator with that set up ..Very nice
    Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345