Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Finnish Mosin Nagant 91/30 pu

Finnish Mosin Nagant 1942 91/30
    Could someone tell me the most recent value of these rifles? I have a Finnish 1942 91/30 Mosin capture rifle. It has the pu scope setup on it . The scope is the real deal . The scope does not have the manufactures date on it but it does have the refurbished date of 1966 and is in great condition with clear optics Although the base is probably not original it is probably a well made copy. The stock is a two piece fingered jointed in great shape with re-arsenal markings and swivel sling attachments w/ sling.The Receiver and barrel are in good +
    Shape with a strong bore.The receiver has the SA double stamped into the side.The rifle has matching numbers but the scope is not. This is a CAI early import as per their markings on the barrel just below the forward site.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Default Re: Finnish Mosin Nagant 91/30 pu

Was the rifle truly designated as a Russian Sniper or did someone add a mount and scope to it after the fact. This will matter big time over anything else.

Does it show the correct PU sniper markings on the rifle itself?

As far as pricing it search only SOLD authentic PU 91/30 rifles on Gunbroker to get your average. Last I checked fakes that were advertised as such using the correct scope and mounts were going between $500 and $800.00 depending on condition. Authentic Russian PU's were selling between $700.00 and $1800.00 depending on year and condition. So prices are truly all over the place and it all comes down to what someone is willing to pay if they have that specific hole in their collection.

You need to go do some research on gunboards Mosin forum.
    That's the good standard for online Mosin info

(York County)

It is likely to be a CAI import. They imported a bunch of Mosins and a bunch of authentic PU scopes and they just mounted them on the rifles. They didnt even try to mount them on the correct rifles. These are fake snipers and are very easy to distinguish. Not sure what they are worth but i would guess a lot less than a genuine PU.