Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I don't quite understand the thinking that people must be compensated for items that are "banned" at a point after legally purchasing them.

I've read the legal mumbo jumbo regarding that type of thing, and I don't recall it "jiving" with what I see people saying here.
    It's been a few months since I looked it up, so I don't recall the specifics, but it seems to me that no compensation is required in a case like this.
    One could make an argument using the 5th Amendment and perhaps the 14th Amendment in regards to seizing property without compensation.

When Trump actually signs this, I expect it will be in the courts for a while on various challenges.

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    You are defending a sack of shit- and one I did not vote for. I am calling for Trump's impeachment.
    You have to be kidding me.
    Just imagine what it would be like if he didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    One could make an argument using the 5th Amendment and perhaps the 14th Amendment in regards to seizing property without compensation.

When Trump actually signs this, I expect it will be in the courts for a while on various challenges.
    This. ^^^

So what exactly is going to be banned?
    Bump stocks, binary triggers?
    What about just upgraded triggers?
    What specifically is going to be covered?

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    So what exactly is going to be banned?
    Bump stocks, binary triggers?
    What about just upgraded triggers?
    What specifically is going to be covered?
    Wondering myself..................

Who knows?
    Could be nothing, something or everything...
    luckily I only own hunting guns...
    Last edited by :-); December 1st, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

(Bucks County)

You are defending a sack of shit- and one I did not vote for. I am calling for Trump's impeachment.

Whew...thank god you're someone, or it would never happen.

Enjoy your vote for bernie in 2020.

Lord know he's pro 2a.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Am I happy about this..... no. And it was the type of development that I was well aware might happen. I have posts from before the election expressing concerns about the possibility of Trump messing with the 2nd if there was a problem or if the right deal came along.

Do I regret voting for Trump because of this...... Hell no. I would much rather be fighting/ complaining about this than the alternative.

Can you imagine the full on assault of the 2nd that would be happening right now if we did not vote Trump in? After the Las Vegas and Parkland shootings Hillary would be doing a full court press to shred the 2nd in any way she could. Every day the main stream media would be doing a full court press at her behest.

Instead of having a Trump going to rallies and exciting the base to get out and vote, Hillary would be going around whipping up the Anti gun base to get out to vote. If Hillary had won, there is a very real possibility that the Senate would have turned blue along with the House this past election. Where as Obama used all his influence and power to get health care through...... I fully believe Hillary would be using all her influence and power to enact major gun control. I think gun control would be her signature issue

Hollywood would be jublient. The media would be kissing her ass every day.

Assuming the Republicans held their ground and no one would vote for a far left judge, she would have replaced Scalia with at least a moderate judge. (A pro 2nd, Constitutional originalist would have been far off the table) I say moderate because the Republican Senate would not have changed the rules to 51 to push a Supreme Court Justice through. So she would have had to pick someone who Republicans could go along with or wait until 2018 to see if the Democrats could gain control of the Senate. As I said earlier, if Hillary had won...... the elections honestly could have gone a lot differently.

(The above is assuming that the Republicans won the Senate in 2018. If people had not gotten out for Trump, there is a good chance that a lot of senators like Toomey who won on his coattails would have lost. It is very possible that if people did not get out for trump, the Senate would now be Democrat and Scalia was replaced with a far left Judge.)

Ginsberg would also be retiring during her term and Hillary would have replaced her. Possibly Kennedy also though it is very possible that he would have held out until the 2020 election hoping a Republican would win the way Ginsberg is holding out now.

She also would be replacing tons of lower court judges who are making decisions on the Constitution and the 2nd ever day. Cases that will impact our lives and may never even make the Supreme Court. Basically 8 straight years of Obama appointees and then at least 4 years of Hillary appointees. It would be a nightmare right now. These boards would be active as all can be because of shit going on. And our heads would be spinning right now.

I am not happy that Trump may do this. But this is the equivalent of the government throwing a snowball at us. We can defend ourselves against this and it will be taken through the courts by groups we support. It will take a while to go into effect and may be found to be invalid. Lord knows there is enough stuff that the democrats have held up in the courts.

Hillary would be coming at us with the government equivalent of a tank right now. Look at the gun deals we see everyday on guns ammo and accessories, we would be facing exorbitant prices right now on both and shortages on both.

Is Trump deserving of criticism...... absolutely.

Is he deserving of being abandoned so that avowed antis such as a Warren or Kamala Harris or Corey Booker can win in 2020? Fuck no imo.

Are there things he can do where I might decide to not support him and not vote for a president for the first time in my life in 2020...... Yes. But he would have to shit the bed in a biblical way for that to happen. As much as I abhor any assault against the 2nd, going after bump stocks is no where near biblical enough for me to let a Warren, Harris, Booker etc..... get into office while I sit back and refuse to step up by voting at the very least.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by internet troll; December 1st, 2018 at 10:11 PM.

(Bucks County)

Plus...now it can be appealed at scotus level....

Wonder how THAT plays out
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Too late pal.

He didn't fool me either Aggie.

Keep saying that until all of our rights are taken away.

You are thinking in terms of how things 'should' work. Watch damp nut do whatever he wants.

As for complying.... I would like to see the rate of compliance after the ban goes into effect.
    Who did you waste your vote on, Jill Stein? Trump was the only choice.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast