Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Bow2no1 View Post
    So what exactly is going to be banned?
    Bump stocks, binary triggers?
    What about just upgraded triggers?
    What specifically is going to be covered?
    Most likely nothing.

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    One could make an argument using the 5th Amendment and perhaps the 14th Amendment in regards to seizing property without compensation.

When Trump actually signs this, I expect it will be in the courts for a while on various challenges.
    I have heard of no challenges. The rule is an abomination and destructive of Constitutional rights but the bump stock has no significant constituency and no one can afford individually to finance such a court challenge.

Now, if the Democrats were adversely impacted they would already have a friendly Federal judge lined up to impose a nationwide injunction on the rule, they way that they have blocked President Trumps efforts to secure our borders and to stop Muslim terrorists from being given the open door to the USA.

The GOP is pretty weak when it comes to this stuff. The Democrats fight dirty and it works for them. The Federal Courts are packed with partisan Democrat Judges and they have no problem getting whatever ruling they want. Chief Justice Roberts can lie about that all he wants. He is part of the problem.

anything that needs turned in... jussayin

#notmypic
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    I have heard of no challenges. The rule is an abomination and destructive of Constitutional rights but the bump stock has no significant constituency and no one can afford individually to finance such a court challenge.
    I think it's because most people, gun owners included, just don't care. They're not looking more than a step ahead.

I never liked bump stocks. Sorry, to me they're kind of pointless. Fun but not really that useful.

Magazine bans? That's different. Now I'm annoyed. Same way that military pattern firearms don't stir my soul but come for my "saturday night specials" and it's on. So I have to push back where ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    The GOP is pretty weak when it comes to this stuff. The Democrats fight dirty and it works for them. The Federal Courts are packed with partisan Democrat Judges and they have no problem getting whatever ruling they want. Chief Justice Roberts can lie about that all he wants. He is part of the problem.
    I think that many in the GOP considers the gun issue a pain in their ass. They'd like it to go away. Others like the money that it gets them. The guaranteed votes.

Democrats who are neutral about gun rights are like pro-Life Democrats. They're sneered at and spit on. Alternately it's "How do you put up with those.... Rubes?"

Inside the Beltway values favor "gun control" because bureaucrats like gun control. Gun control gives them something else to do. Gun control makes their lives easier. They can write a regulation, get the lawyers in the corner office to OK it, and then impose it upon an unsuspecting public. All of these politicians mingle with lobbyists and senior bureaucrats. The Inside the Beltway values are shaped here. "We'd like to donate but, you're with the NRA. You know?"

Gun control isn't about safety. It's about bureaucrats having an easier time.
    Last edited by GeneCC; December 5th, 2018 at 11:45 PM.

I can't wait to spam the ATF social media with pictures of my bump stock saying "come and get it."
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I can't wait to spam the ATF social media with pictures of my bump stock saying "come and get it."
    Is Lon Hourichi still working for the FBI?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Is Lon Hourichi still working for the FBI?
    I'll be easier to get than they were.

(Delaware County)

if only people stopped voted for fudds like this...
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Have you read all the stuff on the ATF facebook page?

Good lord do they take a beating, lately everyone spam posts the ATF ruling that last stated how bumpstocks could never be a NFA item. Then toss in folks talking about dogs being shot, and infringements.

Rather hilarious.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Have you read all the stuff on the ATF facebook page?

Good lord do they take a beating, lately everyone spam posts the ATF ruling that last stated how bumpstocks could never be a NFA item. Then toss in folks talking about dogs being shot, and infringements.

Rather hilarious.
    If you follow them then you've seen my spamming them. I'm the one constantly accusing them of 2A violations for the delays in NFA processing. Or when they say something about agents being successful at something, I'll say

"Send them to help process the Crown's tax forms."

Or "Hey ATF social media person, go process a tax form." Hahaha I just like trolling alphabet agency social media.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910