Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-turn-them-in/

President Donald Trump is expected to announce that he will be signing a ban on bump stocks that gives Americans 90 days to hand them over or otherwise dispose of them.

Bump stocks were used during the October 1, 2017, Las Vegas attack. That attack marked the first time that bump stocks were known to have been used in a crime.

The ATF circulated language to ban bump stocks at Trump’s direction in December 2017. The public was allowed to comment and gun control outlet The Trace reported that 85 percent of those who commented opposed a ban.

CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”

ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon told the U.S. Senate he anticipates a legal challenge against the ban and acknowledged that that challenge could slow the ban’s implementation.
    --ET

(Delaware County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Report: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-turn-them-in/
    Gonna be a lot of people taking their guns on a canoe trip...

(Washington County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Here's one from my personal archives, to commemorate this monumental achievement:

Last edited by marinville; November 29th, 2018 at 02:02 PM.

(Bucks County)

I don't have any but I'm curious if someone has something previously legal and it becomes illegal and is required to surrender it without compensation, isn't that something that could be challenged?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Wyoming County)

Bumpfire stock sniffing dogs are being trained as we speak
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by crffl View Post

I don't have any but I'm curious if someone has something previously legal and it becomes illegal and is required to surrender it without compensation, isn't that something that could be challenged?

Ask anyone in NY that lost their > 10 round magazines in a tragic boating accident.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

CNN reports that Trump is now preparing to sign the ban and it will outlaw the firearm accessories without a grandfathering option. CNN quotes a source that indicates “members of the public will be given 90 days to turn in or otherwise discard their bump stocks.”
    If this happens exactly as stated then he just set the stage for an all out semi auto ban in the future, but remember those with power and influence who are supposed to be representing the people are playing 3D chess while the rest of us are eating crayons and playing checkers.

It's ridiculous.
    It will never fly. They have to compensate people that actually turn them in...
    Last edited by :-); November 30th, 2018 at 04:23 AM.

Which of you cops are coming for mine, because I will not comply?
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Which of you cops are coming for mine, because I will not comply?
    I think the exclusive enforcer should be an elected position.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast