Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I owned one, there is no way in hell I would "turn it in".

Worst case scenario, I would melt it down, but I would not take it and give it to anyone.
    AFAIK , there was never any official registry or record or sale so who knows who has them.. Did they have serial numbers? Was there a product warranty card to be filled out and sent in?

One interesting thing is they sold better after the shooting and hype than they did before. The surest way to make people want/buy/over-pay for something is the threat that they can't have it anymore. I doubt very many members here wanted , bought or even heard of Bump Stocks before all this happened..
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Nope see post above.

*Trump gave Feinstein her first orgasm in 50 years
    I stand corrected. She made that same scary face during the Kavanaugh hearings too. She has smiled twice in her lifetime now.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    AFAIK , there was never any official registry or record or sale so who knows who has them.. Did they have serial numbers? Was there a product warranty card to be filled out and sent in?

One interesting thing is they sold better after the shooting and hype than they did before. The surest way to make people want/buy/over-pay for something is the threat that they can't have it anymore. I doubt very many members here wanted , bought or even heard of Bump Stocks before all this happened..
    Other than credit card traces, that's pretty much the extent of "records".

I've always wanted one, but without a range that allows them to be fired, I wasn't inclined to spend money on something I could rarely enjoy.
    I DID want one even more when it looked as though their future was sketchy, but I have bills to pay, and it was way down the list of "wants" and nowhere close to a "need".

I don't see them as completely useless "range toys", even though that's how most are used.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    On one hand, it's an act of civil disobedience in the face something that's clearly unconstitutional, not just from a 2A perspective, but from a due process perspective, and forfeiture of property perspective. Ex post facto?

On the other hand, a machine gun is currently the law of the land whether we like it or not.

So there is a difference.
    The bump stock ban is practically the law of the land now too. So how is it any different? What is our cut-off for when a law has been around long enough that we should just accept it as the way it's always been? The ATF sees bump stocks as no different than a legit machinegun. Why are we still tip-toeing around the issue with "but it's not technically the same because of some technicality in the law. If the feds are going to act like a stock is the same as an M16, why should we act like banning the M16 is somehow a more legitimate law?

They also claim to be able to convert any AR to full-auto with just a paper clip!
    I don't know about a paper clip, but if you have the tools and skill to complete an 80% lower (not much of either required) then you have the tools and skill to convert a semi one to select fire. Really not a whole lot of difference between a semi-only AR and a select fire one.
    Same goes for AKs, mac 10s, and Uzis. Those are only the ones I actually know how to do. And this would be proper, as-designed select fire. Not some half-assed lightning link/DIAS workaround.
    Last edited by Nickel Plated; November 30th, 2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel Plated View Post
    The bump stock ban is practically the law of the land now too. So how is it any different? What is our cut-off for when a law has been around long enough that we should just accept it as the way it's always been? The ATF sees bump stocks as no different than a legit machinegun. Why are we still tip-toeing around the issue with "but it's not technically the same because of some technicality in the law. If the feds are going to act like a stock is the same as an M16, why should we act like banning the M16 is somehow a more legitimate law?

I don't know about a paper clip, but if you have the tools and skill to complete an 80% lower (not much of either required) then you have the tools and skill to make it select fire. Really not a whole lot of difference between a semi-only AR and a select fire one.
    Same goes for AKs, mac 10s, and Uzis. Those are only the ones I actually know how to do. And this would be proper, as-designed select fire. Not some half-assed lightning link/DIAS workaround.
    But it isn't the law of the land.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Bump fire stocks = machine guns

Anyone can bump fire anything off their shoulder, hip or shooting bench...
    Belt loops = machine guns
    Trigger finger and loose hold on grip = machine gun
    Rifle on bipod = machine gun
    Rifle supported by bag = machine gun
    Support hand pulling forward on rifle = machine gun

Let's ban physics, from now on Newton's law doesn't apply to firearms..

Problem solved.
    Last edited by :-); November 30th, 2018 at 06:49 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Bump fire stocks = machine guns

Anyone can bump fire anything off their shoulder, hip or shooting bench...
    Belt loops = machine guns
    Trigger finger and loose hold on grip = machine gun
    Rifle on bipod = machine gun
    Rifle supported by bag = machine gun
    Support hand pulling forward on rifle = machine gun

Let's ban physics, from now on Newton's law doesn't apply to firearms..

Problem solved.
    Obviously the ban is not wide enough...and I don't think that they can ban all of those other 'accessories' that you have mentioned...
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Which of you cops are coming for mine, because I will not comply?
    your town has cops?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    your town has cops?
    I love when people answer rhetorical questions.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

I love when people answer rhetorical questions.
    was hoping you would enjoy that.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast