Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel Plated View Post
    At this point anyone playing the "fuck em, let them come get it" game might as well convert their rifles to select-fire. If a bump-stock is a machinegun, then a machinegun is a machinegun. Might as well build the real thing if you're going to risk a 10-year prison sentence.
    And it's less risky to take a real one to the range as long as you keep it in semi. Most people probably won't notice the third pin and "auto" mark (psst. leave it off). A bump stock is pretty instantly recognizable.

On one hand, it's an act of civil disobedience in the face something that's clearly unconstitutional, not just from a 2A perspective, but from a due process perspective, and forfeiture of property perspective. Ex post facto?

On the other hand, a machine gun is currently the law of the land whether we like it or not.

So there is a difference.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Cool Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel Plated View Post
    At this point anyone playing the "fuck em, let them come get it" game might as well convert their rifles to select-fire. If a bump-stock is a machinegun, then a machinegun is a machinegun. Might as well build the real thing if you're going to risk a 10-year prison sentence.
    And it's less risky to take a real one to the range as long as you keep it in semi. Most people probably won't notice the third pin and "auto" mark (psst. leave it off). A bump stock is pretty instantly recognizable.
    Yep! I've heard internet commandos who say the first thing they do is burn the receipts for guns they buy and grind the serial numbers off.

They also claim to be able to convert any AR to full-auto with just a paper clip!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Not a paper clip. A bump stock.

I guess ex post facto is constitutional now

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

They also claim to be able to convert any AR to full-auto with just a paper clip!
    Isn't that the SKS?

(Allegheny County)

This wouldn't be ex post facto since there's a future compliance date.

Ex post facto would be banning bumpstocks and declaring anyone who has ever owned or possessed one in the past is guilty of violating the law today.

Think of it like you drive down the street on Tuesday doing the 35mph speed limit. They drop the limit to 30 on Wednesday, and mail you a ticket for violating the 30mph limit the prior Tuesday.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    On one hand, it's an act of civil disobedience in the face something that's clearly unconstitutional, not just from a 2A perspective, but from a due process perspective, and forfeiture of property perspective. Ex post facto?

On the other hand, a machine gun is currently the law of the land whether we like it or not.

So there is a difference.
    According to the feds, there is no difference. A bumpfire stock is a machine gun,and certainly ten years is ten years.

(Allegheny County)

If I owned one, there is no way in hell I would "turn it in".

Worst case scenario, I would melt it down, but I would not take it and give it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Isn't that the SKS?
    Or AK , or Uzi , or Mac 10/11 , or M1 Garand , or M1 carbine , or Glock.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I owned one, there is no way in hell I would "turn it in".

Worst case scenario, I would melt it down, but I would not take it and give it to anyone.
    They said it had to be rendered inoperable as designed. I think a pop-rivet so it doesn't move back and forth would be sufficient. Should the need arise, a drill and a minute returns it to its former glory. I love those Cali-bolts that were posted elsewhere. Put it in your rifle, it's a bolt action. Pull it out and drop in a standard bolt/carrier and it's original spec AR.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    They said it had to be rendered inoperable as designed. I think a pop-rivet so it doesn't move back and forth would be sufficient. Should the need arise, a drill and a minute returns it to its former glory. I love those Cali-bolts that were posted elsewhere. Put it in your rifle, it's a bolt action. Pull it out and drop in a standard bolt/carrier and it's original spec AR.

Exactly.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast