Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    At least they would have done what they campaigned on.
    No doubt and I'd bet that they would have even exceeded our expectations.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: President Trump Signing Bump Stock Ban, Citizens Have 90 Days to Turn Them In

I guess it's another example of "Statists gonna State"

In truth, we're one Democrat supermajority away from losing the 2nd almost entirely. All of us should know this and be thankful that Trump did at least seem to make a couple decent SCOTUS picks.

Here's hoping all new gun control (this directive without legislation included) goes to the SCOTUS and gets knocked down.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Here's one from my personal archives, to commemorate this monumental achievement:

If I never see her smile like that again, it will be too soon...

(Northampton County)

Is this ban based upon the "new and improved" definition of fully automatic that ATF laid out recently? If so I don't see how it survives review.As I recall, the new interpretation posits that the bump stock functions without the presence of the trigger finger. I would like to see that demonstrated. As I understand bump stocks, the firing is dependent upon the trigger "bumping" the trigger finger. If the finger is removed does the weapon still fire or does an uncontrolled mag dump occur?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Fuck Trump. No National Reciprocity and now this crap. Hope you guys that loved him sooooo much stay on your knees in front of his zipper. Pro 2A my ass.
    You know what makes a difference? Judges. I don't know who you voted for, maybe Hillary, maybe third party, maybe no one. It doesn't fucking matter because Trump has put two solidly pro 2A people on the SCOTUS and a shit-ton on the lower courts. This is a much longer game than knee jerk bullshit over a piece of plastic that can be cranked out on a 3D printer. Having judges that will rule that semi-auto rifles are covered by the 2A are far more important than a bump-stock. I expect bump-stocks will be right up there with 922R compliance, something almost no one gives a fuck about.

I'm smart enough to see the long term implications of not voting Trump. We'd now have Justice Garland and Justice XXXX, both of whom would be solidly anti-gun. Ginsburg would likely have pulled the plug as well, handing her seat off to a young progressive. How many more will there be? And the lower courts would be a nightmare of progressivism. I didn't love Trump, but I voted for him knowing that the alternatives would be far worse. I was correct and that hasn't changed.

Nope, he's not Ted Cruz making bacon on the barrel of an AR. But he remains, as of now, our best hope to retain our 2A right, regardless of bump-stocks.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Agree ^^^^

(Tioga County)

If legal challenges are filed, I will be happy to donate.

In the end it's a bad precedent if allowed to stand as big government can just write executive order bans on anything and then you have to give it up without being compensated.

It's a stupid move by Trump.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    You know what makes a difference? Judges. I don't know who you voted for, maybe Hillary, maybe third party, maybe no one. It doesn't fucking matter because Trump has put two solidly pro 2A people on the SCOTUS and a shit-ton on the lower courts. This is a much longer game than knee jerk bullshit over a piece of plastic that can be cranked out on a 3D printer. Having judges that will rule that semi-auto rifles are covered by the 2A are far more important than a bump-stock. I expect bump-stocks will be right up there with 922R compliance, something almost no one gives a fuck about.

I'm smart enough to see the long term implications of not voting Trump. We'd now have Justice Garland and Justice XXXX, both of whom would be solidly anti-gun. Ginsburg would likely have pulled the plug as well, handing her seat off to a young progressive. How many more will there be? And the lower courts would be a nightmare of progressivism. I didn't love Trump, but I voted for him knowing that the alternatives would be far worse. I was correct and that hasn't changed.

Nope, he's not Ted Cruz making bacon on the barrel of an AR. But he remains, as of now, our best hope to retain our 2A right, regardless of bump-stocks.
    Fact is a lot of these dumb laws the Republicans were right behind and the NRA as well. In the end with this case, people have to surrender something they bought in good faith with no compensation and in addition we get nothing at all, remember all the delusional people thinking they could trade bump stocks for reciprocity?

If Trump starts acting like a democrat or a Bush or one of these go along to get along Republicans, well I'll assess the situation in late 2019, early 2020, but I will not be enthused.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    If I never see her smile like that again, it will be too soon...
    That's what nightmares are made of..

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    Is this ban based upon the "new and improved" definition of fully automatic that ATF laid out recently? If so I don't see how it survives review.As I recall, the new interpretation posits that the bump stock functions without the presence of the trigger finger. I would like to see that demonstrated. As I understand bump stocks, the firing is dependent upon the trigger "bumping" the trigger finger. If the finger is removed does the weapon still fire or does an uncontrolled mag dump occur?
    It really has nothing to do with fingers, triggers, accessories, modifications,one pull one shot, peoples feels or anyones definition of them .In simplistic terms it really just comes down to the Pew,Pew,Pew that comes out of the business end of the barrel, That's all folks!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast