Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Hybrid View

Default New Problem Coming To Florida

It seems the gun control groups have found a way to possibly ban the so called "assault weapons" here in Florida. As posted on Breitbart, the gun grabbers are intending to use Florida law which allows it's citizens to propose amendments to the state constitution by petition which would then be presented to the voters in the next election.

I have never been a fan of these "ballot initiatives" because they subvert the written constitutions. My rights should not be subject to the whims and emotions of some voters who seek to use a pure democratic process to pass laws instead of relying on our elected representatives who take an oath to govern by the constitutional restraints placed upon them. All in all, this attempt is bad news for Florida gun owners.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Berks County)

Default Re: New Problem Coming To Florida

The left will stop at nothing.

I would agree that "ballot initiatives" do subvert the written constitution.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    The left will stop at nothing.

I would agree that "ballot initiatives" do subvert the written constitution.

What if "we" used ballot initiatives in reverse, in those states which allow them?

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Monroe County)

I am waiting for Florida to move from the 1800s paper ballots to more modern ways like mechanical or electronic voting machines. They still had Segregation in the early 1970s. I was quite young at the time, but I still remember that.

But yeah, I can not believe the draconian laws they want to push through. The state is so split it will be a tough fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I am waiting for Florida to move from the 1800s paper ballots to more modern ways like mechanical or electronic voting machines. They still had Segregation in the early 1970s. I was quite young at the time, but I still remember that.

But yeah, I can not believe the draconian laws they want to push through. The state is so split it will be a tough fight.
    We also have another problem here. The Agricultural Commissioner that was just elected is an anti-gun Democrat. Here in Florida it is the Agricultural Commissioner who is responsible for issuing all concealed carry permits, and while this person is supposed to go by the laws on the books there is probably some mischief that can be cooked up by this person in this regard. "Sorry, but it's going to take another 90 days to process your application" could be one of the refrains.

(Franklin County)

Do you have any idea how what the process is in PA to amend our state constitution?

Hint: it involves a statewide ballot initiative
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    What if "we" used ballot initiatives in reverse, in those states which allow them?

Noah
    Sure we could, but no matter what side does it the "ballot initiatives" will still subvert the written constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

Noah
    We can do what they did in California with their "gay marriage" issue - take it to the courts.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    It seems the gun control groups have found a way to possibly ban the so called "assault weapons" here in Florida. As posted on Breitbart, the gun grabbers are intending to use Florida law which allows it's citizens to propose amendments to the state constitution by petition which would then be presented to the voters in the next election.

I have never been a fan of these "ballot initiatives" because they subvert the written constitutions. My rights should not be subject to the whims and emotions of some voters who seek to use a pure democratic process to pass laws instead of relying on our elected representatives who take an oath to govern by the constitutional restraints placed upon them. All in all, this attempt is bad news for Florida gun owners.
    You need to learn from the democrats how to stuff the ballot boxes with provisional ballots.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC