Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Auditor General DePasquale Releases Firearm Safety Special Report, Calls for Comm

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It was in Latin.
    You guys just do that to confuse us mere mortals...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Auditor General DePasquale Releases Firearm Safety Special Report, Calls for Comm

My doctor doesn't need to ask me about firearms, just the reason why I am visiting him for a medical appointment....

(Delaware County)

It was in Latin.
    Google translates it into Latin as "constitutione motherfucker"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Google translates it into Latin as "constitutione motherfucker"
    Maybe he did it in pig latin?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    So, doctors are commissioned to ascertain who among their patients may commit suicide using a gun. If they identify a particular person contemplating using other than a gun, will that lower the gun-suicide stats?
    The logic there is that suicidal people are by definition irrational (I disagree, but that's what they assume). Guns are an exceedingly efficient and the most effective method of suicide. Ergo, remove guns from the hands of potentially suicidal people and you may have the same number of attempts but less successes.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    The logic there is that suicidal people are by definition irrational (I disagree, but that's what they assume). Guns are an exceedingly efficient and the most effective method of suicide. Ergo, remove guns from the hands of potentially suicidal people and you may have the same number of attempts but less successes.
    The rebuttal to that argument is "Japan".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

I'm quoted in there, page 10.
    “People want to know what the law is,” said attorney Philip Kline, a moderator for the Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association (PAFOA), a web forum on responsible firearm ownership.

Kline said Pennsylvania’s firearms laws are difficult to follow. If there’s any theme on PFOA’s forum, Kline said, “It would be people asking ‘Would it be illegal for me to do this?’ Some of them even start with, ‘I’m looking at the statute, I still don’t know.’”
    Thanks Phil.
    It's nice to see Poofa being held up as an example of a responsible gun forum.

(Don't forget the little people when you get elected governor )
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I don't like giving discretion to doctors... Wtf is that? Doctor says you're a risk, then what? Article 1 section 21 is very clear that it should not be questioned then a citizen determines if you should own a firearm? Yeah... No!!!
    I don't like this either, and combine with the red flag laws, it is a very dangerous slippery slope. I thought the list looked reasonable until I saw that. On the LTCF scrutiny, don't we already prosecute those that provide false information on LTCF applications? Or is the implication that some slip through the cracks?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorwash View Post
    I don't like this either, and combine with the red flag laws, it is a very dangerous slippery slope. I thought the list looked reasonable until I saw that. On the LTCF scrutiny, don't we already prosecute those that provide false information on LTCF applications? Or is the implication that some slip through the cracks?
    The implication, to me, was that less people should be allowed to carry, and that a means to that end would be grilling references to find something you can use to deny via the bullshit character clause.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Some things sound ok here. But....

If the "backgrounds" refer to the standard approval system for an ltcf, I'm ok with that. If it is ambiguously referring to something else, thereby turning Pennsylvania into a "may issue" state, i have a problem with that.

The doctors asking about guns is a big concern. Many people may not realize that 302 petitions written by doctors do not require approval of a mental health delegate. Doctors asking questions about firearms and suicidality or even depression when they may know very little about those things, can set up gun owners to be inappropriately involuntarily committed. I find it unlikely that an ER doctor will let a person be discharged when a doctor had them brought to the hospital because they suspect they are depressed and own a firearm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast