Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: 2nd home in Pa I live in. I want purchase firearm in PA with NY Drivers license

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Operator View Post
    To the OP, do you have a house with a Deed that has your name on it? Do you pay PA taxes? Not necessarily your income taxes, but PA school and property taxes? If so, you only need to find a FFL dealer willing to take copies of your paperwork and sell you a firearm. The 4473 will have your PA address, as per BATF instructions. The firearms will remain at your PA residence.

Without a PA DL, your Sheriff will most likely NOT issue a PA LTCF, winless you out of state license is a full unrestricted carry and then it will be a non resident LTCF, until you move permanently.
    Yes I have a deed and pay pocono mountain school and tobyhana township taxes....Since I've originally posted this I learned a lot and have spoken to a few FFL that agree with that outlook and willing to work with me. Then there's still quite a few places that won't even sell a long arm without a PA license regardless of paperwork. As much as I'd like the LTCF, I think that is a long shot....that is until I can change my license over to PA in a few years. Doesn't mean I won't at least try though lol

(Monroe County)

Default Re: 2nd home in Pa I live in. I want purchase firearm in PA with NY Drivers license

Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    There is a Trigger Time LLc in WV is that you also?
    No
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

OP: I am a dual-state resident. NJ & PA. I have a NJ driver's license.

I have a PA resident LTCF. I do not have a NJ Permit To Carry A Handgun.

I have purchased handguns in PA using the NJ DL and providing PA county tax documents and PPL bills to demonstrate residence to the FFL, and through the FFL to PICS.

PICS knows what to do. Although you may need to get a supervisor on the phone.

Once I did this I straightened out several other PA FFLs who thought this was not legal. Of course an FFL may choose not to service you, as it's the owner's call.

Firearms purchased in either state may flow freely back and forth between residences. Of course I may not bring non-compliant long guns or magazines from PA into NJ. I don't believe there are any concerns going the other way. You will have to adjust according to NY vs. PA restrictions.

Good luck.
    Last edited by 45Doll; December 15th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.
    "You gotta be alive to get paid."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345