Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation One last hurrah to pass National Concealed Carry Reciprocity??

There are 21 days left in this Congress. If the pressure is on, it could be done. However unlikely, it's worth 5 minutes to put the pressure on and try!

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

IMMEDIATELY CALL:
    U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (Chairman of the Judiciary Committee): (202) 224-3744

U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: (202) 224-2541

Your Senate Delegation: (202) 224-3121

TELL THEM THIS:

The Senate must vote on the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 bill immediately.
    The bill passed the House on December 6, 2017, almost one year ago, and has since been stalled in the Senate Judiciary Committee. That is unacceptable!
    We have only a few precious weeks to get this matter completed.
    The Senate must pass this bill and send it immediately to the President for his signature.
    President Trump will sign the bill into law, fulfilling an important campaign promise.
    My continued support for you will depend on your vote to approve this bill.

You should also contact NRA and President Trump, reminding them of their commitment to support national concealed carry reciprocity. The contact numbers are as follows:

The White House: (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1414

National Rifle Association (NRA): (800) 672-3888

*Thanks to Guns & Gadgets for the short action list above!
    I am not a lawyer.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: One last hurrah to pass National Concealed Carry Reciprocity??

It would be great, but it didn't have the votes before and it still doesn't. It sure as hell won't next session. No harm in trying, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Come back to reality my friend. You could go to their offices, scream and throw yourself on the floor, it ain't happening. Why you ask? Because Mitch McConnel the Senate leader does not want this to happen. So save your stamps and your cell phone capacity - it ain't going to happen.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Come back to reality my friend. You could go to their offices, scream and throw yourself on the floor, it ain't happening. Why you ask? Because Mitch McConnel the Senate leader does not want this to happen. So save your stamps and your cell phone capacity - it ain't going to happen.
    I consider myself pretty ignorant when it comes to the legislative process. I don't know Mitch's position on this but it seems to me that it would require 60 votes in order to pass unmolested by amendment (think Hughes Amendment)

We couldn't get 60 votes for Kavanaugh sure as hell ain't getting them to carry in the communist states

(Chester County)

In other words, we the state, determines that you the people, that we swore to obey the Constitutional when we joined the government, has NO RIGHT TO SELF- DEFENSE.

(Chester County)

Trump, the Republicans, and the NRA screwed us. They could have pushed this through in the first year of the Trump presidency when there was momentum, and a Republican majority in the House, Senate, and state governorships. The NRA could have leaned HARD on politicians to get it passed, and outed very vocally those who dragged their feet. But they purposely didn't get it done, politicians were allowed to hide in the shadows and now it will be frankly impossible.

I am convinced that the NRA fears that if they win the whole battle and get too many rights in place that no one will send them any more money. I believe they would rather play underdog so that they can cry for our money and stoke fears of massive bans and rights loss. Like our politicians, the NRA is much more concerned about their own longevity and feathering their own nests, than they are with our rights. Just my opinion...

I don’t think Congress will get carry accomplished.

I think lawsuits that make it to SCOTUS will eventually defeat the commie hold out states.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    I don’t think Congress will get carry accomplished.

I think lawsuits that make it to SCOTUS will eventually defeat the commie hold out states.
    ^ that's where I would put my money (if I had any)
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Delaware County)

But we'll suffer for years in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    Trump, the Republicans, and the NRA screwed us. They could have pushed this through in the first year of the Trump presidency when there was momentum, and a Republican majority in the House, Senate, and state governorships. The NRA could have leaned HARD on politicians to get it passed, and outed very vocally those who dragged their feet. But they purposely didn't get it done, politicians were allowed to hide in the shadows and now it will be frankly impossible.

I am convinced that the NRA fears that if they win the whole battle and get too many rights in place that no one will send them any more money. I believe they would rather play underdog so that they can cry for our money and stoke fears of massive bans and rights loss. Like our politicians, the NRA is much more concerned about their own longevity and feathering their own nests, than they are with our rights. Just my opinion...
    So true. It is only a matter of time before all rights under the Constitution are gone. To many beta thinking nimrods running foul of our laws and sheeple that are willing to comply and follow.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast