Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Latest range controversy - Rockwell Tactical (PA)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Like said. There is a difference in training to be an elite warfighter and a class like this where you’re looking to improve your profiency in defending the food court
    You never know when the Yakuza is going to come and try to steal the Mortal Combat machine.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Clarion County)

What kind of disclaimer do you sign for something like this?
    Saw their Facebook reply where they have 2 aid packs plus IFAKs. They ask who has medical training, and then designate caregivers.
    Have some background and would suggest an experienced trauma team on standby.
    Better yet if you want to be around live fire just go to a state gameland range the weekend before opening deer rifle season. Brings out the best armchair experts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

IFAKs? Designated medical aids? What the fuck does any of that even matter?!? He can have a trauma surgeon and full operating room right there at the range, and the guy shot in the head will be just as dead.

I expect at some point they'll step back from this and throw their instructor under the bus.

Either that, or they'll pick up a bunch of new moronic he-man customers, lol.
    Last edited by scruff; November 27th, 2018 at 11:35 AM.

(Allegheny County)

What else can they say? Anything short of fully defending their actions suggests they were in the wrong.

Aside from the legal liability associated with "admitting" that you used poor judgement, I would suspect that the mental workings of someone of that "type" simply does not accept that they could be wrong about ANYTHING they do, and in it's most simple form, "Anyone who has a problem with this is a fucking PUSSY!"

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    What else can they say? Anything short of fully defending their actions suggests they were in the wrong.

Aside from the legal liability associated with "admitting" that you used poor judgement, I would suspect that the mental workings of someone of that "type" simply does not accept that they could be wrong about ANYTHING they do, and in it's most simple form, "Anyone who has a problem with this is a fucking PUSSY!"
    Yep, I'll gladly be labeled a fucking pussy on this one.

If a student gets shot, I don't think it would make any difference whether they admitted to bad judgement or not. That jury verdict of criminal negligence would come in so fast their heads would spin.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

IFAKs? Designated medical aids? What the fuck does any of that even matter?!? He can have a trauma surgeon and full operating room right there at the range, and the guy shot in the head will be just as dead.

I expect at some point they'll step back from this and throw their instructor under the bus.

Either that, or they'll pick up a bunch of new moronic he-man customers, lol.
    The instructor's comments about days of training and multiple prerequisite classes really illustrates how far off the mark he is here.
    I wouldn't do training like that unless I and the other shooters had trained intensively, full time, for months and years.
    There is no way a bunch of out of shape guys that took "hours" and "days" of classes are anywhere near the sharpness and intensity required for that kind of training.
    And if everyone involved was sharp enough for downrange training, we wouldn't be wasting our time doing an exercise like that with no practical application.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Kinda looks like a Poofa group shoot to me...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    Kinda looks like a Poofa group shoot to me...
    The only thing dangerous about a poofa shoot is the cholesterol levels.

Mmmmm... baaaacon...

Besides the obvious circle jerk going on, they are pointing their guns up in the air. This tactifail maneuver was given up years ago. The biggest reason was, Police were getting shot in the head when going through doorways.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I am a civilian who carries a firearm strictly for self defense. I would only pull my side arm in defense of myself and or my family in situations that were within the law.

The drills and mindset that all too many of these “tactical” schools offer are in no way beneficial to myself and probably 95% of their students. Their bullshit excuses as well as their reasoning do not add up with real life for everyday people. I guess we will all learn this when somebody dies for some needless reason.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast