Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any luck?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Any luck?

Since I did get a decent buck in archery, I was the "shanty bitch" for my buddy till Thursday at his camp north of Tionesta.
    He didn't go out till Monday afternoon and saw nothing.
    I made us breakfast and he was out all day Tuesday. Saw one doe and heard a few shots.
    He was out for half day Wed and saw nothing again. He left for a doctors appt. I stayed till Thursday after noon.

I went out Sat early in Avella and the rain came about 1030 and pretty steady. I saw no deer and heard about 2 dozen shots till I left at 1230.

I'm going back out there tomorrow early to try for my 2A doe..
    Good luck to whoever is heading out
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Dont mean to hijack this thread but saw for the first time ever driving down RT 33 a dead deer on side of the road with a red fox munching away on the carcass in broad daylight.
    He was hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Since I did get a decent buck in archery, I was the "shanty bitch" for my buddy till Thursday at his camp north of Tionesta.
    He didn't go out till Monday afternoon and saw nothing.
    I made us breakfast and he was out all day Tuesday. Saw one doe and heard a few shots.
    He was out for half day Wed and saw nothing again. He left for a doctors appt. I stayed till Thursday after noon.

I went out Sat early in Avella and the rain came about 1030 and pretty steady. I saw no deer and heard about 2 dozen shots till I left at 1230.

I'm going back out there tomorrow early to try for my 2A doe..
    Good luck to whoever is heading out
    That's a tough area to hunt and word from many camps between Tionesta & Tidioute is the heard numbers are down.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    He was hungry.

That's a tough area to hunt and word from many camps between Tionesta & Tidioute is the heard numbers are down.
    I am not familiar with the area that you guys are talking about but I have a friend who has a camp in Potter County (I think it's near Coudersport?) and he tells me that poachers have annihilated the deer population up there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I am not familiar with the area that you guys are talking about but I have a friend who has a camp in Potter County (I think it's near Coudersport?) and he tells me that poachers have annihilated the deer population up there.
    That's a little further east but still part of the ANF.

(Lancaster County)

Got a nice big shed buck today during shotgun doe days. Headed out tmmr as well, hunting a golf course private area.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Bucks County)

I got a smallish doe in 2G Thursday of second week. Passed on a few doe in archery but this late in season decided to take it and enjoy the meat. Best thing about it was the shot. She was trotting away down an open lane at 110 yards and I had only 10 or so yards before she got back into the woods. Snapped the shot, right up the backside, she ran 15 before dropping dead. Totally trashed her internals, dressing her was messy. .243 was lethal and so much easier to carry around vs 30-06.

Worst part about season. I had a big buck making scrap line right down through my property from front to back. Got him on trail cam twice around 2 AM. Never saw him on cam or in person during daylight. Have no idea where he goes during day and my property borders others so can’t go around searching.

(Lancaster County)

Another rainy muzzle loader day, saw lots of deer but they all were booking so no good shots to be had.

Ah well, soaked and cold while hunting is still better than a day in the office.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Somerset County)

I tagged a nice sized doe on the last Saturday. Saw a different one, she walked out into a hay field and stood there like a lawn ornament. Skylined so no safe shot. Couple of minutes later, another one showed up in a safe area to shoot, so I did

Hope to get out some in flintlock season and get at least one more.

Dale

(Bucks County)

Got the doe back from processing. Garlic ring bologna and meat sticks from Dietrich’s meats. Plus of course the standard steaks, loins, etc. We’ll vacuum seal up a bunch and they’ll last in freezer to take some out in next fall archery hunting. Yum!

(Berks County)

Well, I brought out some slim Jim’s :-) sitting in the woods right now not having a whole Lotta luck but it’s a beautiful day
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234