Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Best .30 Cal Suppressor

Hey guys gonna take the leap into getting a suppressor probably going to get it from the Silencer Shop they seem to have the process streamlined especially now considering the kiosk for the prints and getting rid of cleo signature..what is the best bang for the buck ? Going to use it mostly on a 308 most likely a semiauto if they allow it for big game in the near future thanks all!
    Last edited by stopphillysmrdrrate; November 28th, 2018 at 09:19 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Best .30 Cal Suppressor

You’ll hear a few names thrown around
    Dead air
    Silencerco
    Rugged and
    Q
    Just about any from those are going to be cutting edge. It’s all about what youbintend to do it with and what characteristics you’re looking for

(Wyoming County)

^ all those above

plus for the budget minded- YHM (Yankee Hill Machine). I have a Phantom LT that I use on .300blk, .308, & .243 so far.

The Dealer that I got it from praised YHM's warranty, but I can't speak to it
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

I have heard a Silencerco in action. It was amazingly quiet. I also intend to take the leap. My first one will most likely be a Silencerco.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    You’ll hear a few names thrown around
    Dead air
    Silencerco
    Rugged and
    Q
    Just about any from those are going to be cutting edge. It’s all about what youbintend to do it with and what characteristics you’re looking for

Q is so silent no one knows who he is.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got a Yankee hill as well it’s chunky. The resonator has been getting reviews as the best bang for your buck lately

(Washington County)

If you are going to shoot long range, 750+ yards, consider a Thunder Beast Arms Ultra 9. I have one on my Remington 700 and it's incredibly effective in reducing sound without affecting accuracy.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Monroe County)

I have a Gemtech Sandstorm and a Liberty Freedom that I am very happy with. YHM makes nice rifle cans too.

(Armstrong County)

The list of "don't buy from" is shorter these days. There are a great many well built suppressors out today

Pick a name brand company with a mount system you like for the flexibility you want (or go direct thread) and go forth and pew quietly.

Try to hear a suppressed full power super sonic rifle before you buy. Dont be fooled by videos on YouTube. As long as you know the expectations, you wont be disappointed.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

(Centre County)

WCMG beat me too it. The Thunder Beast Arms Ultra 9 is probably the best out there. Others that are very good are the Rugged Surge 762 and the Silencerco Saker 762. I will say this, with suppressors you get what you pay for. Buy a $100 suppressor, you get a inexpensive suppressor that is cheaply made. Will it last, who knows?

Just an FYI, Silencer Shop may make it sound easy but they have had problems in the past with the timely submission of the Form 4's they process but I don't know how they are today. To do everything at their kiosk, you first have to find a dealer that has one. Also, it was not them that got rid of the CLEO sign off, it was a change done by the BATFE when they changed the rules about using trusts for suppressors. If using a trust, all the people on the trust must be fingerprinted and fill out a questionaire, just like an individual has to do.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

I have a few suppressers and Rugged has amazing customer service and unconditional lifetime warranty....
    They totally impressed me the last time I needed help. Both times I managed to damage the suppressor were my fault, not the fault of the suppressor...
    I'm thinking about getting a 9mm Obsidian although the 45 Obsidian is amazing on a 9mm, and a 22 suppressor to add to my collection.
    I'm going with rugged for both.

I did the Silencer Shop Kiosk for my Dead Air Sandman L... I would buy another, I really like it.

Once you do the Kiosk for the first one, you can order suppressors from Silencer Shop while sitting in your living room.
    They have everything in their system. It's so simple to do, all you need is your email address and a credit card.
    Decide you want an SBR or something, you can do that too right on their site.
    Last edited by :-); December 6th, 2018 at 08:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast