Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: $#@&* Poacher

(Tioga County)

Default Re: $#@&* Poacher

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Some of you sure like your government telling you what to do, that’s all I know. My neighbor used to hunt all the time, I wonder how many of those deer were legit tagged, I don’t remember seeing tags on anything he brought home. He also processed his own meat and shared regularly. Guess my memory of a very nice man should be changed to “POS” because he had a bunch of family land to hunt on (the woods he hunted belonged to his brother in law, PGC never came around nor should they have).
    I'm about as laizzez faire as you could be and I am all about minimizing government involvement in just about anything. If people self policed themselves and took ownership and personal responsibility we'd need even less government. Unfortunately when you have penis brains pulling up in front of someones house at 930 at night and going ka-blam with a shotgun is why we have to have rules and laws in place in regards to hunting and discharging firearms. I'd say pulling up in front of my house and lighting one off would be meet with an appropriate armed response.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Good for you- I don't think it was too tacticle to confront this douche, but now that it's done...
    I would say that your testimony in court would go a long way toward nailing down wether or not it was a beer in the veh.
    -If and how you know the shotgun was loaded
    -did you have any conversation with the defendant.
    -What did you hear and see before speaking with the accused Etc., Etc.

I hope they call you to testify when he pleads not guilty.
    Good (but dangerous) work.
    Yeah, my next morning afterthoughts were interesting. Since it worked out I didn't think as hard as I would have had I gotten shot but not killed. Surprisingly I didn't get pumped up and jittery, it all just unfolded as smoothly as walking down the get the newspaper.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I hear ya! Yeah, I think they guy was pretty much caught a few times but just not enough evidence like you're saying, "I didn't shoot it, I just found it here, pay no attention to the loaded shotgun in my car"...I'm curious about possible penalties...Out of season, on Sunday, after dark, along the road, less than 150 yards from houses. It looks like some of those carry $500 penalties or so. Could they add them up like they do with regular criminal cases? And should it go to court where does it go, DJ?

You did a good job of cleaning up the shotgun and the Yuengling bottle.
    Yes they can and do stack charges. Case will go to a DJ.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Chester County)

Hmmmmm let's see what the jury thinks...Loud bang @2120, vehicle parked out front, in the road, engine running. Oh yeah, don't forget the camo colored shotgun in the passenger's seat. Fat lazy bastard walking a bee-line from deer in field to running vehicle admitting to shooting deer. Repeated pleas to not prevent him from eating and asking why I'm doing this to him. After he leaves there is fresh blood all over the place and blood tracks back to where the doe has been seen bedding down all season. Oh, and no other souls in sight. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you come to a decision?
    Guilty as charged...

Oh, and about the three legged stool of hunting, having some late model Subie, and being on disability, there's probably a story there too. Social Security fraud which probably pays for the Subie and other toys and adventures???
    Last edited by bamboomaster; November 27th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Tragedy of the Commons :0
    Have you been reading books again?
    Hey!

I read me a book oncet.

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Some of you sure like your government telling you what to do, that’s all I know. My neighbor used to hunt all the time, I wonder how many of those deer were legit tagged, I don’t remember seeing tags on anything he brought home. He also processed his own meat and shared regularly. Guess my memory of a very nice man should be changed to “POS” because he had a bunch of family land to hunt on (the woods he hunted belonged to his brother in law, PGC never came around nor should they have).
    And I'm sure that there were many people who thought that John Dillinger was a swell guy when he spread the wealth as well. That doesn't make the way that he acquired the money any less unlawful.

Now if we were talking about your neighbor or buddy cutting trees or something that was entirely contained on HIS property without the possibility of moving across property lines, then I wouldn't argue with you one bit.

But we're not. We're talking about something that moves. Therefore, it isn't "yours" just because it's on your property any more than it was "mine" because it was on my property before it was on yours.

(Dauphin County)

Good for you in getting this poacher ass-hat prosecuted. This year my last day of the archery buck season was cut short by a poaching trespasser with a crossbow. He is being charged with criminal trespass. Tuesday found a poached 10 point buck, Arrow still in the bucks neck and front shoulder, but no way to prove who shot it. I am 99% sure of who did it, but again difficult to prove. Many years back I was bow hunting and had an 8 point about 60 yards from me, buck shot through the shoulders with a rifle, shooter was across a road and on his back porch of a trailer in a trailer park (probably shooting in about 50 different safety zones--prosecution was successful on that fool because his poaching buddy was on parole and rolled on the shooter. I prosecute EVERY trespasser and Poacher and I hope they can stiffen the penalties for such criminal acts.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh, we all KNOW he shot the deer - I'm just saying "may or may not have" in regards to the legal sense - it has to be PROVEN that he did.

Initially I felt that there was little to no chance that anything would come of it - evidence would be needed. If someone claimed that YOU killed a deer, wouldn't you demand PROOF?
    Anyway, it seems as though they may have more interest in catching the guy than if it were just a random act. The fact that they are aware of him makes it more likely they will pursue charges.

Crossing fingers.
    I'm right there with you EM. Do I *believe* there was an open beer and loaded shotgun? Yep. Could I sit on the jury and vote to convict if that photo was the only or best evidence of it? No way in hell.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm right there with you EM. Do I *believe* there was an open beer and loaded shotgun? Yep. Could I sit on the jury and vote to convict if that photo was the only or best evidence of it? No way in hell.
    What I'm saying is that IF the police had come out when called they could well have nabbed a perp with a loaded shotgun and an open beer in his car, he could well have been over the legal limit as well but...since they didn't come out none of that gets netted. The word I am getting is that the guy is nabbed for the event but I have yet to find out to what extent. Either way I don't expect that to be his last poaching event.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

Some one told me just today, that poaching big game is now a felony , anyone know ??

(Franklin County)

What I'm saying is that IF the police had come out when called they could well have nabbed a perp with a loaded shotgun and an open beer in his car, he could well have been over the legal limit as well but...since they didn't come out none of that gets netted. The word I am getting is that the guy is nabbed for the event but I have yet to find out to what extent. Either way I don't expect that to be his last poaching event.
    I assume you don't know the guy's name, but do you know what magesterial district the offense would have occurred in? Online records can be searched by court and date range, so even without a name, we may be able to find the information if any legal action takes place. From there, it's just a matter of checking back as the process moves forward.

Clickable map: http://www.co.berks.pa.us/Dept/Court...CountyMap.aspx
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast