Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: $#@&* Poacher

(Berks County)

Default Re: $#@&* Poacher

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Don't get too excited. What proof is there that the guy killed the deer?

Unfortunately, that's how "justice" works.
    I'll be shocked if anything happens to him.
    Hmmmmm let's see what the jury thinks...Loud bang @2120, vehicle parked out front, in the road, engine running. Oh yeah, don't forget the camo colored shotgun in the passenger's seat. Fat lazy bastard walking a bee-line from deer in field to running vehicle admitting to shooting deer. Repeated pleas to not prevent him from eating and asking why I'm doing this to him. After he leaves there is fresh blood all over the place and blood tracks back to where the doe has been seen bedding down all season. Oh, and no other souls in sight. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you come to a decision?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Hmmmmm let's see what the jury thinks...Loud bang @2120, vehicle parked out front, in the road, engine running. Oh yeah, don't forget the camo colored shotgun in the passenger's seat. Fat lazy bastard walking a bee-line from deer in field to running vehicle admitting to shooting deer. Repeated pleas to not prevent him from eating and asking why I'm doing this to him. After he leaves there is fresh blood all over the place and blood tracks back to where the doe has been seen bedding down all season. Oh, and no other souls in sight. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you come to a decision?

(Tioga County)

One thing I cannot stand is poachers and trespassers. As stated above in another post, these people have the same entitlement minded attitude criminals have and they have no concept of safety.

Last year I had some toad brain shoot a young buck in season right on my property and just left it right on the road where it dropped. They probably thought because it was smaller they'd just leave it. I found it at least a day later after it had been shot and guess who had to clean up the mess? Me. Had to get the tractor out and put it out in the woods and the coyote enjoyed it. Totally pissed me off.

I'm actually very happy to let people hunt if they ask permission. I have a few friends and neighbors I let hunt if they clear it first for safety reasons. Overall as a group I'm not all that impressed with hunters on the whole.

(Montgomery County)

I think my "support" has been overblown.

I don't like that he trespassed and I don't like that he was an asshole.

I also don't like that the state sells you the ability to go get your own food if you want/need it.

So, on the whole of the encounter, I hope the asshole gets into trouble because of the circumstances more so than because he destroyed "state property."

Hypothetically speaking. A buddy of mine has an 8 acre property with tons of deer on it. In my eyes, the deer belong to my buddy since they live on his land. The State disagrees.

If buddy wants to take one or three, it should be his right to do so, tag or not.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; November 26th, 2018 at 01:45 PM.

(Monroe County)

Douche nozzle made douche excuses. He knew it was wrong. So did you buddy get to keep it at least after pgc was done?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I think my "support" has been overblown.

I don't like that he trespassed and I don't like that he was an asshole.

I also don't like that the state sells you the ability to go get your own food if you want/need it.

So, on the whole of the encounter, I hope the asshole gets into trouble because of the circumstances more so than because he destroyed "state property."

Hypothetically speaking. A buddy of mine has an 8 acre property with tons of deer on it. In my eyes, the deer belong to my buddy since they live on his land. The State disagrees.

If buddy wants to take one or three, it should be his right to do so, tag or not.
    Hypothetically speaking, I just bought the property upstream from both you and your buddy. I'm going to dam up the creek and make a very large lake so that no water flows to either yours or your buddy's properties, so now neither of you have access to drinking water or water for your crops and cattle. But hey, I've got tons of water on my property. In my eyes, the water belongs to me since it was on my land first. You and the state may disagree, but I don't care.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Douche nozzle made douche excuses. He knew it was wrong. So did you buddy get to keep it at least after pgc was done?
    Game commissioner told me that he was happy to hear that the deer did not go to waste and that he would let the guy keep it, he just wants to examine it for evidence purposes. I also checked my window cams and I have the douche pulling away when another vehicle comes into view at the same time the shot went off. He pulled up to the intersection, stopped then backed up after that car went out of view. The cams only record for 30 seconds for some reason and no, I can't prove it was him but I know it was.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, I just bought the property upstream from both you and your buddy. I'm going to dam up the creek and make a very large lake so that no water flows to either yours or your buddy's properties, so now neither of you have access to drinking water or water for your crops and cattle. But hey, I've got tons of water on my property. In my eyes, the water belongs to me since it was on my land first. You and the state may disagree, but I don't care.
    Changing a waterway is entirely different than taking out a couple deer on your own land.

It's like the nuke argument in regards to gun ownership.

(Berks County)

Game Commission officer came by last night for my statement. He had already met with the other two guys and inspected the doe in question. I don't know the significance of it but the wadding from the shell was recovered from the carcass as well as a slug. Since he emphasized the fact that the wadding was there I gather that it has some sort of relevance. The perp is a frequent flyer and is known by this officer but it seems that this is the first time that they had the full goods and a winnable case against him, he was pretty happy with what he has for this case. Unfortunately, it sounds like jail time and weapon confiscation is not in the cards for this guy but I may be wrong (and I hope I am).

I tried to get his picture (he told me not to photograph him LOL) but the lighting wasn't good enough. Here is one, take a look, what do you see in it? Different people notice different things.

Attachment 112639
    Last edited by Walleye Hunter; November 27th, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

(Lancaster County)

Open beer bottle and a shotty on pax seat, great combo, five star
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast