Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: $#@&* Poacher

(Berks County)

Default $#@&* Poacher

Had a poacher take a doe out the field here right next to my house. Some people are just plain stupid. It is a rural area but right here is a cluster of 5 houses and he shot it where we all heard it happen. I wasn't sure what it was at first but it didn't take long to figure it out. Got his license number and he took off. He was mad at me for disrupting him as he needed this meat to eat, he's on disability. His car was a late model Subaru of some sort. I told him to sell his car and go buy some food. If he's on disability how's he going to get that thing out of there?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: $#@&* Poacher

Report him to the game commission.

Have to wonder how disabled he is. He was able to hunt a deer, drag it out, gut it and apparently load it in his car. Maybe he needs to be looked into for that too.
    Last edited by streaker69; November 26th, 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

Poaching and shooting so close to people's homes and cops an attitude when a resident confronts him about it.....what nerve.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Poachers seem to always be scum bags who have their reasons, hoping he gets what coming to him.

(Delaware County)

Poaching because you need meat is no different than stealing from the supermarket. You just think you have a better chance of getting away with it. Disability doesn't allow one to break laws.
    Turn him in to the game commission. Scum bag poachers ruin it for honest hunters.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Montgomery County)

My problem with what was described is more of a "he was too close to homes and was an asshole about it" than a "he didn't go through the process to take a deer."

Deer are like rats by me. Eff the state and it's rules, man's gotta eat.

And no, I don't hunt, so no butthurt about me doing this.

shoot, shovel, shut up?
    10:1 dude carries the title of the car in the glove box. fake his sig, "buy" his car.

I'm just joking; I'd never do anything illegal.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Eff the state and it's rules, man's gotta eat.
    he had plenty of choices, it was his decision to trespass, take a deer he had no business shooting, & then be a jerk about it when confronted.

not sure how you can defend any of that. I would invest in some cheap night vision & post signs of you don't have them.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightfox-Wide.../dp/B01N95F8UJ

(Montgomery County)

Again, I have issue with the state claiming ownership of everything in it. Can’t catch your own food without government approval. It’s stupid.

(Berks County)

I'll be calling the game commission this AM the 911 people didn't seem to care and just wanted me to go back into my house. The PSP told me that we could have the deer so we called a friend who came out and got it. I agree that deer are like rats around here and if my neighbor took one that was eating his bushes I wouldn't care but this guy was not a neighbor. Besides, who wants to hear shooting right near their house while they're watching Shark Tank? The doe was bedded down about 10' from the road, I've seen her eyes out there every time I've scanned with my flashlight this season. As for the proximity to houses being less of an issue than the act of poaching...it was just the raw ignorance and nerve of committing the act where even the dumbest of dumb would have known that five homeowners could have been all over his shit.

When I first went out I was thinking that it could have been an auto accident and the guy could have hit a tree. When I saw that that was not the case I knew what was up and was next worried about getting myself shot. I slinked down the treeline where he couldn't see me and when I saw his hands were empty I popped out and accosted him. I called on my neighbor for help and he came out and hid in his bushes until the guy left. I didn't think much of that but now I know what to expect in any future event.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast