Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: $#@&* Poacher

(Berks County)

Default Re: $#@&* Poacher

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    So how much are the fines he has to pay?
    I don't know. I thought I saw that they were $500 per offense but I haven't found a firm answer thus far. The GCO told me that he would lose his hunting license for three years. Now if he gets caught with one that he claims someone else shot and he found it won't do him any good.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Losing a hunting license for someone that's convicted of poaching makes about as much sense as losing a driver's license for DUI.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Losing a hunting license for someone that's convicted of poaching makes about as much sense as losing a driver's license for DUI.
    I know, I know but...he has been caught with freshly shot deer three times already. He always claims that someone else shot it and he happened upon it. Maybe, just maybe he'll get nabbed again but without a license he'll be in deeper.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I know, I know but...he has been caught with freshly shot deer three times already. He always claims that someone else shot it and he happened upon it. Maybe, just maybe he'll get nabbed again but without a license he'll be in deeper.
    Shouldn't he have been charged with being in possession of untagged game? I thought that was a crime. Apparently he's never been charged before.

The odds of the same person coming across freshly shot deer 3 times is probably fairly astronomical.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Shouldn't he have been charged with being in possession of untagged game? I thought that was a crime. Apparently he's never been charged before.

The odds of the same person coming across freshly shot deer 3 times is probably fairly astronomical.
    Yep! The GCO was practically having orgasms that this POS finally got nabbed. When you find a road kill you apparently have 24 hours to call the Game Commission and get it registered.

Yep! The GCO was practically having orgasms that this POS finally got nabbed. When you find a road kill you apparently have 24 hours to call the Game Commission and get it registered.
    I was u dee the impression that you could not take road kill legally here especially if you were the one who hit it. Does it have to be tagged during season or just reported?

Sorry I don't mean to derail the topic.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I was u dee the impression that you could not take road kill legally here especially if you were the one who hit it. Does it have to be tagged during season or just reported?

Sorry I don't mean to derail the topic.
    Just report it to PGC region office within 24 hours. They will give you a permit to possess. You have to turn the antlers in if it is a buck. It can be hit by you or someone else. I guess if you claimed you hit it and there is no damage to your vehicle, you might get in trouble if any one checked.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Franklin County)

ETA: I'm coming up dry on him otherwise but I might not be searching properly.
    I agree. No other charges in the system, either at MDJ or Common Please levels. I searched with name AND birthdate with a date range encompassing his entire life.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Driver's license can be revoked for considerable period for repeat offender. Wonder if hunting laws have similar provision.

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Just report it to PGC region office within 24 hours. They will give you a permit to possess. You have to turn the antlers in if it is a buck. It can be hit by you or someone else. I guess if you claimed you hit it and there is no damage to your vehicle, you might get in trouble if any one checked.

Thank you I appreciate the information. I hit a small doe around the corner from my house a few years back, still have the dent to prove it. If I would have known this at that time I would have taken it home for sure.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast