Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: $#@&* Poacher

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: $#@&* Poacher

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Thanks for your input, the game commission would be more likely to do something than the police, I understand that but if they had come out when I called they might have been able to nab the guy for DUI, which would have been the most painful of his violations. However, I don't see how you can say, "may or may not...", I feel like he's caught red handed, what do you see as a loophole for him? I haven't heard the 911 tapes but he and I were talking about how he shot that deer while they were on speaker phone.

Oh, we all KNOW he shot the deer - I'm just saying "may or may not have" in regards to the legal sense - it has to be PROVEN that he did.

Initially I felt that there was little to no chance that anything would come of it - evidence would be needed. If someone claimed that YOU killed a deer, wouldn't you demand PROOF?
    Anyway, it seems as though they may have more interest in catching the guy than if it were just a random act. The fact that they are aware of him makes it more likely they will pursue charges.

Crossing fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Nonsense! How do you rationalize that?

They're both natural resources that are not contained within a single property's boundaries, managed and held in trust for the common wealth of the public (by the Commonwealth) to prevent a Tragedy of the Commons from occurring.
    Because one effects him personally the other doesn’t.

(Montgomery County)

Some of you sure like your government telling you what to do, that’s all I know. My neighbor used to hunt all the time, I wonder how many of those deer were legit tagged, I don’t remember seeing tags on anything he brought home. He also processed his own meat and shared regularly. Guess my memory of a very nice man should be changed to “POS” because he had a bunch of family land to hunt on (the woods he hunted belonged to his brother in law, PGC never came around nor should they have).

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Some of you sure like your government telling you what to do, that’s all I know. My neighbor used to hunt all the time, I wonder how many of those deer were legit tagged, I don’t remember seeing tags on anything he brought home. He also processed his own meat and shared regularly. Guess my memory of a very nice man should be changed to “POS” because he had a bunch of family land to hunt on (the woods he hunted belonged to his brother in law, PGC never came around nor should they have).
    LOL!

You did good "separating" yourself from showing "support" for the guy in your last post, and then this.

I get what you're saying, BUT...

Well the state and federal gov do some things correctly and conservation is one of those things. There’s a reason why the rest of the world tries to mimic our system. We have more animals here in large healthy numbers for a reason. While everything isn’t always perfect and it’s not, it does appear to be working.

Anyone who feels they are entitled to everything with no recourse are the people who have the problem. Yeah yeah they are just trying to eat, but so is everyone else who legally takes. Without a system it would surely break down and the resource would be on the brink like it once was 50-60 years ago +.

Yeah I know none of that sense making stuff based off years of data, habitat rehabilitation and population growth matter to you because fuck rules and stuff.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 27th, 2018 at 02:40 PM.

Horrible pic.

Best I could do.

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oh, we all KNOW he shot the deer - I'm just saying "may or may not have" in regards to the legal sense - it has to be PROVEN that he did.

Initially I felt that there was little to no chance that anything would come of it - evidence would be needed. If someone claimed that YOU killed a deer, wouldn't you demand PROOF?
    Anyway, it seems as though they may have more interest in catching the guy than if it were just a random act. The fact that they are aware of him makes it more likely they will pursue charges.

Crossing fingers.
    I hear ya! Yeah, I think they guy was pretty much caught a few times but just not enough evidence like you're saying, "I didn't shoot it, I just found it here, pay no attention to the loaded shotgun in my car"...I'm curious about possible penalties...Out of season, on Sunday, after dark, along the road, less than 150 yards from houses. It looks like some of those carry $500 penalties or so. Could they add them up like they do with regular criminal cases? And should it go to court where does it go, DJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Horrible pic.

Best I could do.

You did a good job of cleaning up the shotgun and the Yuengling bottle.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I spend a decent chunk of change for the privilege of hunting the King's deer.
    It kind of galls me when I see an asshole violating just about every game rule in the book to shoot some shitty doe on the roadside.
    Your neighbor was gaining complicity for his poaching by dispersing some of the kill amongst his friends. He was still doing wrong.

But yeah, like in your post- stickin' it to the man right on, Robin Hood.
    Arise, Sir Loin of Beef,(thud) Arise, Sir Duke of Earl (thud)….
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Horrible pic.

Best I could do.

You'd never make it CSI: Miami.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Game commissioner told me that he was happy to hear that the deer did not go to waste and that he would let the guy keep it, he just wants to examine it for evidence purposes. I also checked my window cams and I have the douche pulling away when another vehicle comes into view at the same time the shot went off. He pulled up to the intersection, stopped then backed up after that car went out of view. The cams only record for 30 seconds for some reason and no, I can't prove it was him but I know it was.
    Good for you- I don't think it was too tacticle to confront this douche, but now that it's done...
    I would say that your testimony in court would go a long way toward nailing down wether or not it was a beer in the veh.
    -If and how you know the shotgun was loaded
    -did you have any conversation with the defendant.
    -What did you hear and see before speaking with the accused Etc., Etc.

I hope they call you to testify when he pleads not guilty.
    Good (but dangerous) work.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast