Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: Adding sanctioned shooting events in 2019 to our range schedule

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    3 Gun I do not believe will ever catch on with the average person because there is so much crap you have to bring to a match and to be competitive you've got to have all the Gucci like gear. The guys that compete in this take a truck load of gear with them and have to wheel it around on a big cart. Yes we have 3 Gun matches here in PA but the numbers are not all that great. I think if clubs got off that fixation with 3 guns and went to two gun or carbine matches they would have much greater success.

Years ago Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club ran a carbine/rifle only match and I think they had 50 or 60 people and the entry was like $20 a head. The stages were a mix of IDPA like stages, some with more distance and then some standard marksman like stages from fixed positions shooting out to 200 meters. All you needed was a rifle and 2-3 magazines, 100 rounds and a magazine pouch if you wanted. Everybody had a great time and a lot of fun. And then they never ran it again, so not sure what happened there but never saw that club so busy again.
    1000% this!

I see 3 gun on TV and all I think is Golf for rich guys with guns. I bet one day they will have caddy’s too.

This is why I mentioned 2GAC which is what the boys over at InrangeTV run in AZ and is spreading in Europe because of them and it’s simple requirements.

You can show up with a shitty Mosin Nagant and a Hi point and have a ton of fun for a few hours. Divisions can be added like trooper and Armored to add to the hurt if one desires. It’s far from fancy but it’s way more practical when it comes to the use of the average firearms most people own and no stupid gammer shotguns are required.

I would definitely travel the long way to complete in a monthly 2G match.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 21st, 2018 at 10:34 PM.