Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Cabelas Black Friday Sale In Hamburg PA

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    My wife and I will probably head down to the Cabelas in Triadelphia, WV Friday morning. Not necessarily looking for anything but we like going down to Cabelas - usually once or twice a month.

Its a pet friendly store - we take our Boston with us.
    Its a pro gun store - we try to support these stores whenever we can, fewer and fewer each day.
    It gives a chance to get out.

Or I could sit at home and watch Football - NOT!
    Option #3: Go to range, exercise your rights, get some practice, and have some fun.
    --ET

(Allegheny County)

Option #3: Go to range, exercise your rights, get some practice, and have some fun.
    Range days are already scheduled for us, the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
    I'm one of those people that like to plan out things in advance. I will go to the range from time to time with a buddy if they call up and want to head out, but I'm not a spur of the moment type.
    Last edited by Orive 8; November 21st, 2018 at 10:49 AM.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I don't go anywhere on Black Friday.

Noah
    I’m going to work.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    I might do that afterwards at the Heritage Guild in Easton.

It wasn't bad today. They had lots of ammo available. The S&W M&P .22 looked to be the deal of the day. Several of them were seen going out. The biggest problem was that the web page said open at 8AM. Well guess that don't mean a thing because. we didn't get in till 9AM.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Schuylkill County)

Update, I did go to Cabela's both yesterday and today. I held off on buying a gun yesterday because it would take just too long. I was there when they opened at 5 AM and people were already heading over to the gun section to make purchases. People were waiting two or three hours for gun purchases so I decided to skip the gun purchase yesterday and instead I got some nice jeans and a nice vest for really low prices on their Black Friday sale. I went back today and I purchased the gun I wanted, specifically a Ruger Super Redhawk in .454 Casull and I was able to use a special coupon with it that was good for Friday and this weekend. At its price you might say I could've possibly saved $20, $30, or maybe even $100 if I bought it at another shop or if I bought it off a website such as grabagun but the fact of the matter is I didn't pay a penny for it because I used all my Cabela's club points to buy it. I had enough club points to get a free gun, how's that for a good deal?

Anyway, afterwards I went to the Heritage Guild in Easton where I shot it. Its very powerful but fun.

And I also got a food dehydrator that was on sale for the weekend.

(Bucks County)

My wife and I used to enjoy wandering through Cabelas sometimes. This past August was the last time we visited, and when we saw that every gun had a lock that could not be removed until the gun was taken home...we figured there was no reason to go back. Even the staff though it was a bad policy as many customers complained that they couldn't check a safety, try the trigger, etc.

To those that were there on Black Friday...is the gun lock policy still in force?

I used to be a big mail-order customer. Now that I’m in close proximity to a store, I can’t even bother to go look for the bargains.

Last time I purchased a gun at Cabelas the price was too high, but they had it. That was a long time ago so I'm not aware of the current lock policy.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    My wife and I used to enjoy wandering through Cabelas sometimes. This past August was the last time we visited, and when we saw that every gun had a lock that could not be removed until the gun was taken home...we figured there was no reason to go back. Even the staff though it was a bad policy as many customers complained that they couldn't check a safety, try the trigger, etc.

To those that were there on Black Friday...is the gun lock policy still in force?
    When I got my gun the Saturday after Thanksgiving the guy helping me out did put a lock on it although if you are getting a gun you should be able to inspect it before purchase to make sure its in good working order, that the safety works, that the trigger is good, and so forth. It was a bit of a hassle to remove the lock which I did once I left the store although I can see why they would have such a policy in place, extra safety. You can walk around the store and shop while in possession of a purchased gun if its kept in its case with the Cabela's tape around it so I suppose the lock is just an extra safety measure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast