Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Cabelas Black Friday Sale In Hamburg PA

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    When I got my gun the Saturday after Thanksgiving the guy helping me out did put a lock on it although if you are getting a gun you should be able to inspect it before purchase to make sure its in good working order, that the safety works, that the trigger is good, and so forth. It was a bit of a hassle to remove the lock which I did once I left the store although I can see why they would have such a policy in place, extra safety. You can walk around the store and shop while in possession of a purchased gun if its kept in its case with the Cabela's tape around it so I suppose the lock is just an extra safety measure.
    When we were last there, every gun on the floor had a lock in the trigger guard, and we were told that they cannot be removed under any circumstance...until the new owner gets it home.

(Chester County)

Bass Pro Shop out near Kansas City MO has a policy that you have to have a lock put on your gun if you're going to the range that's inside the store but if you come into the store carrying you don't have to do a thing other than shop. My partner in the Schwinn Bike Forum told me this the other day when I asked how his new Ruger was shooting after he got it back from Ruger. It is a .22 Mark IV Target and was having problems with failing to eject. Don said he quit going to the Bass Pro range because it's such a hassle and found a private range a bit further away. I guess Cabela's picked up the Bass Pro Shop's bad habits when they took over Cabela's.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    When we were last there, every gun on the floor had a lock in the trigger guard, and we were told that they cannot be removed under any circumstance...until the new owner gets it home.
    On the floor or behind the counter? I've been there many times and I was there just this past Tuesday and there were no trigger locks on the guns behind the counter.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    On the floor or behind the counter? I've been there many times and I was there just this past Tuesday and there were no trigger locks on the guns behind the counter.
    Every handgun, rifle, etc...every gun...had a key lock in the trigger guard whether it was on the floor or in a showcase. I wondered at the time how much it cost them to a put a lock on every single gun.

We were told that the locks were only removed once the purchaser got the gun out of the store. The locks were sold with the guns. The staff at the time was unhappy about this new policy and suggest that I contact corporate.

There have always been signs about checking in guns when entering the store.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I guess Cabela's picked up the Bass Pro Shop's bad habits when they took over Cabela's.
    Its just like dicks and field and stream. Two different masks but the same face behind it.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Its just like dicks and field and stream. Two different masks but the same face behind it.
    At least Bass Pro and Cabela's sells AR rifles and at least they sell long guns to people ages 18-20.

(Schuylkill County)

Every handgun, rifle, etc...every gun...had a key lock in the trigger guard whether it was on the floor or in a showcase. I wondered at the time how much it cost them to a put a lock on every single gun.

We were told that the locks were only removed once the purchaser got the gun out of the store. The locks were sold with the guns. The staff at the time was unhappy about this new policy and suggest that I contact corporate.

That wasn't my experience when I got the gun on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The employee helping me put the trigger lock on the gun as I was buying it, it wasn't on there to begin with.

(Bucks County)

We went out Satirday the 28th. I didn’t talk to anyone as their prices absolutely sucked but I can verify that every gun in the glass display cases had a trigger lock on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123