Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for 2 Gun or 3 Gun Match in SW or NW PA

Hi Everyone,

I've followed a lot of old forum topics down and contacted a few people that have told me that they are no longer scheduling matches. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but does anyone know of a two or three gun match being held in 2018 or 1/2Q 2019? I'd really like to get involved and am happy to volunteer to help set up, but haven't been able to find anything yet.

Thanks!
    Check

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Looking for 2 Gun or 3 Gun Match in SW or NW PA

I sponsor a 3 gun shooter but he is over in the Youngstown,Ohio area. I personally do not know of many 3 gun places in SW Pa. Lots of IDPA, Steel Challange, and USPSA though.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Check with Lawrence County Sportsman Association and Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, they both run IDPA matches and I thought that I saw some listing for IDPA 2-Gun matches at those places last year.

I used to shoot IDPA at both places in the past, both places ran good matches.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Beaver County)

Lawrence and Beaver IDPA are a 2 gun limit. Not 2 guns at once. I shoot and sponsor at both.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    Lawrence and Beaver IDPA are a 2 gun limit. Not 2 guns at once. I shoot and sponsor at both.
    Thanks for the update, its been 8 years (time goes by quick) since I did any IDPA. I thought that I had read that they were shooting Pistol and Pistol Caliber Carbines at either one or both now, guess not.

Both places ran good IDPA matches when I was shooting there and good people too.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Thanks for the update, its been 8 years (time goes by quick) since I did any IDPA. I thought that I had read that they were shooting Pistol and Pistol Caliber Carbines at either one or both now, guess not.

Both places ran good IDPA matches when I was shooting there and good people too.
    Yes. PCC at both. Just not the same time as your handgun. If you run PCC you cannot shoot with a holstered handgun.

Myself and my shop monkey were the very first 2 people to trial run PCC at Beaver Falls. We ran the course with PCC after all the handgun was done to familiarize the staff and set basic rules.

(Tioga County)

I have not been to a Beaver Valley IDPA match for some time as for the past two years they seem to cancel quite often. I don't live nearby but have relatives down the road so it's a way to combine a visit with a match. As I recall if you got there early enough you could shoot the stages twice with a different pistol each time and that was nice.

Sounds like the OP is asking about 2 Gun or 3 Gun matches involving a rifle and right now I do not know of any in that part of the state.

Keystone Sportmans Association in Muncy in north central PA has several 3 Gun matches a year if you are willing to travel further. Sounds like Ohio might have some stuff going on.

(Erie County)

Up near Erie, Gem City Gun Club and Erie County Sportsmen's League both run programs during the summer months. I have participated in the ECSL shoots and they are well done.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I had posted this and then ended up doing some unexpected field work through the holidays and am just now getting caught up. Wanneroo is right:

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

Sounds like the OP is asking about 2 Gun or 3 Gun matches involving a rifle and right now I do not know of any in that part of the state.
    I was looking for something like this, but haven't seen much in PA let alone the northeast US:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or0n2dCOs1g

But if nothing is close I have always been interested in IDPA and USPSA also, so maybe I should start looking into those. Or maybe I should try to set something up if I can get my club on board. I'll try to watch for the Beaver Valley IDPA shoot that y'all recommended, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Czech View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I had posted this and then ended up doing some unexpected field work through the holidays and am just now getting caught up. Wanneroo is right:

I was looking for something like this, but haven't seen much in PA let alone the northeast US:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or0n2dCOs1g

But if nothing is close I have always been interested in IDPA and USPSA also, so maybe I should start looking into those. Or maybe I should try to set something up if I can get my club on board. I'll try to watch for the Beaver Valley IDPA shoot that y'all recommended, as well.
    Unfortunately everyone I know is looking for a legit 2GACM match on the east coast and it appears no range wants to accommodate it. If it's not 3 gun with all its fancy crap or shooting paper from a seated position for the best group then it's not going to happen.

Hell at this point if there were one in Pittsburgh I would travel across the state once a month for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast